3100SN access point / repeater issues

Discussion for models not listed
dog-man

3100SN access point / repeater issues

Post by dog-man »

I have just replaced my dying 7800N with an Asus AC3200.

I have had for many years a Billion 3100SN access point / repeater providing a signal in a part of my house and garden that is far away from the router.
It has always worked perfectly.
It connected by wireless to the old 7800N.

Since installing the Asus AC3200, I just cannot get it to provide coverage. It is clearly connected in some way to the router as I can see on an internet radio that it has a very strong signal from the 3100SN.
But.......... No data is getting through to the radio.

If I connect the 3100SN by cable directly to the router, the radio in the kitchen gets data and I can listen to whatever.

I have fiddled with the settings in the 3100SN but have failed to get it all working.

Is it a Billion / Asus incompatibly issue? I can't see that as when connected by cable it works.

Any advice gratefully received. I am hoping I can get this solved by end of today so I can use the radio when preparing the Christmas dinner.

Hopefully, I don't need to buy a different access point / repeater.

Just to clarify.... I have always connected the access point to the router wirelessly.
dog-man

Re: 3100SN access point / repeater issues

Post by dog-man »

Problem solved thanks to an old post on here by Billion_Fan (I think that is right).

Now working as it should be. I am not exactly sure why it didn't work after changing the router as all settings were exactly the same as on the previous router.
I changed nothing!

I am now happy as I can listen to the Internet radio in the kitchen whilst slaving over the kitchen sink Christmas morning. :D