6300NXL - unable to force 3G settings

Discussion for models not listed
vjchandra

6300NXL - unable to force 3G settings

Post by vjchandra »

I am trying to configure my 6300NXL to use a USB modem which works fine on 4G. however i get better speeds when i force it to use 3G so I'm trying to do that but each time I set it to 3G UMTS - it keeps defaulting back to Automatic. The Modem itself (even after a router restart) indicates it's connected to the 4G signal and not the 3G signal.

is there a way to force a specific AT command to the ppd dialer? Some sort of extra commands "at our own risk" sort of thing?

regards
Vijay
vjchandra

Re: 6300NXL - unable to force 3G settings

Post by vjchandra »

I found that I can logon to the router via Telnet and SSH both using my admin credentials. This means that there must be a way to edit the config files - at my own risk - to use it the way I need to.

any pointers?

thanks
Vijay
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

vjchandra wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:48 pm I found that I can logon to the router via Telnet and SSH both using my admin credentials. This means that there must be a way to edit the config files - at my own risk - to use it the way I need to.

any pointers?

thanks
Vijay
I'll check with our engineers to see if we can sort this for you
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

billion_fan wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:19 am
vjchandra wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:48 pm I found that I can logon to the router via Telnet and SSH both using my admin credentials. This means that there must be a way to edit the config files - at my own risk - to use it the way I need to.

any pointers?

thanks
Vijay
I'll check with our engineers to see if we can sort this for you
After checking with our engineers they have stated the model is discontinued and there is no further support. (they will try and see what they can do and update me if they have a fix)