Homeplug AV200 middle light not on

Discussion for models not listed
Holli58779

Homeplug AV200 middle light not on

Post by Holli58779 »

I have been using this system for several years. Just a couple of days ago the middle light stopped being lit. Wireless still works but the cable-connected internet doesn't so there's nothing wrong with the router. I have restarted the router, all the same, pressed 'reset' on the AV200, swapped around the AV200 units and also changed the yellow cable that connects the router to the first AV200.
billion_fan

Re: Homeplug AV200 middle light not on

Post by billion_fan »

Holli58779 wrote:I have been using this system for several years. Just a couple of days ago the middle light stopped being lit. Wireless still works but the cable-connected internet doesn't so there's nothing wrong with the router. I have restarted the router, all the same, pressed 'reset' on the AV200, swapped around the AV200 units and also changed the yellow cable that connects the router to the first AV200.
Can you explain the following

1. How many homeplug devices you have
2. Which unit is connected to the router (eg 2073n) and which unit is not working
3. Which lights do you have on, on each device
4. "Wireless still works but the cable-connected internet doesn't so there's nothing wrong with the router" can you explain further, as if the Wireless is working, then the device must be getting the internet from somewhere, if the cable internet is not working
Holli58779

Post by Holli58779 »

Thank you.

I use three of the AV200s: one to connect from the router to the mains and two others to pick up off the mains to feed into computers/TV.

The one connected to the router (2073 R2) has its middle light (plc) not lit. (Its other two LIGHTS (power and eth) are lit.) It is the same on the other two devices: just the outer two lights are lit.

The router (VIrginMedia) is providing wireless internet for my portable devices. As I say, I have swapped the ethernet cable and tried turning everything on and off.

Thank you

Robert
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Holli58779 wrote:Thank you.

I use three of the AV200s: one to connect from the router to the mains and two others to pick up off the mains to feed into computers/TV.

The one connected to the router (2073 R2) has its middle light (plc) not lit. (Its other two LIGHTS (power and eth) are lit.) It is the same on the other two devices: just the outer two lights are lit.

The router (VIrginMedia) is providing wireless internet for my portable devices. As I say, I have swapped the ethernet cable and tried turning everything on and off.

Thank you

Robert
Try press the reset button on all three one by one, you need to press and hold the reset button down for exactly 2 seconds, once done the power LED should blink off then on, to let you know the reset process has started
Holli58779

Post by Holli58779 »

So the main one is the one with the outer two buttons lit. I note that the subsequent ones just have the top light flashing now. I reset the one that takes the signal from the router: it goes off, comes on and stays with three lights for about 15 seconds and then reverts to the outer two lights. I seem to be stuck with this.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Holli58779 wrote:So the main one is the one with the outer two buttons lit. I note that the subsequent ones just have the top light flashing now. I reset the one that takes the signal from the router: it goes off, comes on and stays with three lights for about 15 seconds and then reverts to the outer two lights. I seem to be stuck with this.
If the other two only have the power light flashing that means it has entered power saving mode, you need a active Ethernet connection connected to it, (assuming it is the same model Bipac 2073r2) and see what happens to the lights.

Also do the reset on them also.