BiPac 3100sn loses the wireless AP after a power cut.

Discussions for BiPAC Homplug products: P106N, P106R2, 2073N, 2074..etc
farhomer

BiPac 3100sn loses the wireless AP after a power cut.

Post by farhomer »

I am using my 3100sn as a wifi range extender. I select the AP(my router) from the AP list and it connects fine.
Whenever there is a power cut and it loses the connection and does not re-connect automatically.
I have to configure the 3100sn using the ethernet connection and re-select the AP from the list before it will work again.
Does anyone know if there is a way to make it save the selected connection details so it can re-connect automatically?
billion_fan

Re: BiPac 3100sn loses the wireless AP after a power cut.

Post by billion_fan »

farhomer wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:28 am I am using my 3100sn as a wifi range extender. I select the AP(my router) from the AP list and it connects fine.
Whenever there is a power cut and it loses the connection and does not re-connect automatically.
I have to configure the 3100sn using the ethernet connection and re-select the AP from the list before it will work again.
Does anyone know if there is a way to make it save the selected connection details so it can re-connect automatically?
It all depends if after the power cut your routers wireless channel changes the 3100SN will be unable to reconnect, I would advise you to set a fixed channel on your main router, and then setup the 3100SN again, then power cycle the 3100SN and see if it reconnects