Billion BiPac 3100SN & 8800 AXL..

Discussions for BiPAC Homplug products: P106N, P106R2, 2073N, 2074..etc
Thunderer

Billion BiPac 3100SN & 8800 AXL..

Post by Thunderer »

Hello.

As a newbie to networking I am completely confused and bewildered and to say the least "cheesed off" to put it mildly & that's without melting the board swear filter! :oops:

I have been trying to work out for several hours now how to get a 8800 AXL to link to a 3100 SN so I can enhance the Wi-Fi signal downstairs and I can't get it to work for love, nor money. TBQH whoever wrote the instruction manual should be shot at the first convenient moment, as to me it might as well be written in a Japanese!

So can someone please tell me how to get these two & the Billion BiPAC 3010ND to talk to one another nicely and so I can extend my Wi-Fi.

PS. I tried what it said in the manual & that just disconnects me from the internet until I put everything back to what it was. :?

TIA.

I should point out that I don't want loads of cables around the place and all I have is the 8800 AXL & the 3100SN, The computer is using a wired connection to the 8800 and I use the 3010ND for laptop downstairs.
billion_fan

Re: Billion BiPac 3100SN & 8800 AXL..

Post by billion_fan »

Thunderer wrote:Hello.

As a newbie to networking I am completely confused and bewildered and to say the least "cheesed off" to put it mildly & that's without melting the board swear filter! :oops:

I have been trying to work out for several hours now how to get a 8800 AXL to link to a 3100 SN so I can enhance the Wi-Fi signal downstairs and I can't get it to work for love, nor money. TBQH whoever wrote the instruction manual should be shot at the first convenient moment, as to me it might as well be written in a Japanese!

So can someone please tell me how to get these two & the Billion BiPAC 3010ND to talk to one another nicely and so I can extend my Wi-Fi.

PS. I tried what it said in the manual & that just disconnects me from the internet until I put everything back to what it was. :?

TIA.

I should point out that I don't want loads of cables around the place and all I have is the 8800 AXL & the 3100SN, The computer is using a wired connection to the 8800 and I use the 3010ND for laptop downstairs.
1. Plug your 3100SN to the 8800AXL
2. Once the WLAN light is on, on the front of the 3100SN, open a web browser and type in the address bar http://192.168.1.253
3. Login with the username 'admin' and password 'admin'
4. Click on 'Wireless Settings >> Basic' change the SSID1 if needed
5. Click on 'Security' on the left hand side
6. Enable WPA 2 if needed (from clicking on the 'security mode' drop list
7. In the 'Passphrase' section enter a wireless password of your choice and click on 'apply'
8. Click on 'AP Client' on the left hand side
9. Select the 2.4ghz network from the listed wireless networks (the 2.4ghz network from the 8800AXL)
10. Enter your security password at the bottom of the page and click on 'Apply'
11. Disconnect the Ethernet cable from the 3100SN
12. See if you can still access and navigate around the http://192.168.1.253 page (this test if the 3100SN is working wirelessly, your computer will be connected to the 8800AXL and the 3100SN will be wireless connected)
13. If you can navigate around the http://192.168.1.253 page then the 3100SN is ready to be deployed

If you still have issues, try running through the AP Client section again to re-apply your settings

I hope this helps :D
Thunderer

Post by Thunderer »

Thanks. I'll give it a go and see what happens.
Thunderer

Post by Thunderer »

Nope, nothing works.

I've followed your instructions to the letter and when the thing is connected via the cable to the router it's fine.

I disconnect it from the cable & the mains to put it where I want it, which is in the dining room for the most effective coverage, plug it into the mains, wait from the WLAN light to come on, try to connect with a tablet and all I get is Authentication failures & constant obtaining IP address on my tablet (Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition).

I can tap another connection (albeit weak) and it will connect instantly.

I've done the simplest of passwords (Password & Password12345) and no matter what I try it will only come up with authentication failure (asks me for either of those test passwords) & obtaining IP address. No connection whatsoever.

I've come to the conclusion that this thing is a poor piece of work & expensive junk, which will be going back ASAP. A 1* review has already been posted on Amazon for it.
Thunderer

Post by Thunderer »

Well it's now taken to disconnecting me completely from the web when I'm configuring it. WTF! :twisted:

I know it's the 3100 doing it because as soon as I remove the RJ45 my internet connection comes back online. :roll:
Thunderer

Post by Thunderer »

Enough is enough.

I have had enough of this rubbish, I had enough of the random disconnects, I've had enough of it losing all of the programming when I transfer it from the socket near the computer & router (upstairs) to a socket in the dining room (downstairs) which is directly below where the computer & router are located.

It has also decided to randomise the password on a couple of occasions, then when I plug it back into the router to see what's wrong, it has taken to disconnecting me from the internet completely.

It has been returned and I'm now giving serious consideration to dispensing with the router as well, because of all of this nonsense. :twisted: