finding out 2073N/2074 ip addresses after previous change

Discussions for BiPAC Homplug products: P106N, P106R2, 2073N, 2074..etc
ipwilson

Re: finding out 2073N/2074 ip addresses after previous chang

Post by ipwilson »

Im plugged into the 2074, no GUI but Bipac utility sees it and sees the 2073N. Soooo they are connected? But what is stopping the tfr of ithe sky router internet through the 2074 to the 2073 to my PC/phone?
ipwilson

Post by ipwilson »

If I set Ipvp (whatever it is) 4 to obtain from network I get an unidentified network and an ip address completely wrong and no gateway IP address. The sky router is not passing through.
ipwilson

Post by ipwilson »

Billion are awesome...NOT

I tried to reset the connection between them, maybe the 2073N thought it was the sender or soemthing, so I pressed each one's snc button to leave network group. Now no matter how many configurations of pressing the sync buttons they wont sync...yeah! Even unplugging 2073N and putting back on it shows up a solid green PLC light for a few seconds and goes to black and no further sync button presses make it sync or power light blink.. Maybe its justa doorstop. Random number generator, works on a random time of its own. The manuals say plug them in and hey presto...... FAIL.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

ipwilson wrote:Billion are awesome...NOT

I tried to reset the connection between them, maybe the 2073N thought it was the sender or soemthing, so I pressed each one's snc button to leave network group. Now no matter how many configurations of pressing the sync buttons they wont sync...yeah! Even unplugging 2073N and putting back on it shows up a solid green PLC light for a few seconds and goes to black and no further sync button presses make it sync or power light blink.. Maybe its justa doorstop. Random number generator, works on a random time of its own. The manuals say plug them in and hey presto...... FAIL.
Move both devices to the same room, one device needs to be connected to your router (as a input device) and second needs to be connected to your PC. (outout device)

Once done, as the PLC light is off, reset one by one, once resetted the PLC light should stay on

(there is no web gui for the 2074 as this is a bridge device, the only device with a web gui is the 2073N, which is running on http://192.168.1.253)

If your Sky router is running 192.168.1.x, then you don't need a static IP, as you are running on the same subnet.

So in theory the PLC light should come on, once on, you should be able to access 192.168.1.253 if your sky router is running on 192.168.1.x

Reset 2074, hold the reset button down for exactly 2 seconds

Reset the Bipac 2073N, hold the reset button in for 10 seconds, the WLAN light should start to flash, once flashing let go, and wait for the WLAN light to turn off, and back on again, the PLC should also come on