Homeplug 2073N Powerline Service Disabled

Discussions for BiPAC Homplug products: P106N, P106R2, 2073N, 2074..etc
Googol

Homeplug 2073N Powerline Service Disabled

Post by Googol »

Hi All,

This evening I've been having problems with my wireless devices not being allocated DHCP addresses from my broadband router. On investigation it appears to be one of my 2073N Homeplug devices failing to pass connections through to the router. I have tried all sorts of troubleshooting steps as follows:

Remove from power line network and then re-adding
Factory reset
Factory reset with factory settings
Setting all devices to the same network using the Homeplug AV200 Utility Privacy screen.
Hard reset (pin in bottom hole for >2 seconds)
Firmware update (1.08e-c)

I'm at a loss. I can happily connect to the 2073N wirelessly if I manually allocate an IP address to my laptop. Problem is nothing gets routed over the powerline back to broadband router. When I log into the admin screens there are two notable anomalies:

1 ‘Status’ - the Powerline Service is showing as ‘Disabled’ with ‘Connected Device’ as 0. There are actually three on the system
2 ‘Powerline Settings’ – Status entries for Model, Firmware Revision and MAC address are all blank.
‘Powerline Settings’ – Security settings show HomePlugAv as the network password but there is an error under NMK(Network Membership Key) which shows a series of 7 graphic characters and the message "Network password and NMK is not equal.

Any ideas or it is broken?

Thanks
billion_fan

Re: Homeplug 2073N Powerline Service Disabled

Post by billion_fan »

Submit a ticket to our esupport system here

http://www.billion.uk.com/esupport/inde ... ets/Submit
Googol

Post by Googol »

Already done and I'm being dealt with promptly. Many thanks :D
solveit

Post by solveit »

Hi Googol...

Did you receive a satisfactory conclusion? I have the exact same problem with 2x 2073N with Powerline status showing `disabled' :cry:
Googol

Post by Googol »

Yes and no. They diagnosed the unit as dead. It went into the bin :(
solveit

Post by solveit »

Cheers for your swift response... thought as much! I have 2 now that are destined for the bin. Not a great life expectancy then!

Thank you.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

solveit wrote:Cheers for your swift response... thought as much! I have 2 now that are destined for the bin. Not a great life expectancy then!

Thank you.
They should come with 2 years warranty, check your pruchase date and if still under warranty, submit a ticket here http://www.billion.uk.com/esupport/inde ... ets/Submit
Googol

Post by Googol »

Hi. The warranty expired on 15th March 2012 and the unit failed in August 2012! Five months past it's warranty date. For solid state equipment a 2.5 year lifespan really isn't very good. Will I buy Billion again? Probably not which is a shame asI really like the equipment and I've recomended it to several friends and family.