Erratic Issues after implementing new wireless AP's

Discussions for BiPAC Homplug products: P106N, P106R2, 2073N, 2074..etc
Bionic

Erratic Issues after implementing new wireless AP's

Post by Bionic »

Hi All,

So we just replaced HP AP's with 13 x Wireless-N HomePlug AV 200 Ethernet Adapters.All are setup individually ,meaning that an independent ethernet cable runs to them .They all have the same SSID but not broadcasting.We have 4 floors in the building and i have set them on different channels as per the following

Ground and 1st Floor- Channel 1,6,11 - 5 AP's
2nd Floor - channel 1,6,11 - 4 Ap's
3rd Floor - Channel 1,6,11 - 4 Ap's

These AP's are very basic and dont have a DHCP server ,so this is being dished out by my DC.All are setup with Wireless B,G and N technology (Mixed mode ) and 20MHZ.
Im running inssider which clearly shows that the different AP's are co - channeling rather than overlapping which is better as per my research.

Problems.

The connection is very sticky most times. By this i mean that i can browse internet fine but when it comes to different services like RDP ,it freezes for a bit and then fine after.When saving a file to a shared drive we get the window showing its saving.Its rather frustrating.

I have tested with Ethernet and none of the above occur.My wireless signal is not an issue.I have also checked the load on every AP and they fine.

Have i setup my wireless correctly.Channels?Config?Did i choose the correct AP's for my business?

Thanks in advance.
billion_fan

Re: Erratic Issues after implementing new wireless AP's

Post by billion_fan »

Is the PLC light on, on each device??

If the PLC light is on, this means the device might be using the homeplug tech to transfer data instead of the wired ethernet connection

If you don't want to use the PLC (homeplug tech) you will need to login to each device and change the "Network Password(Name)" under 'Powerline Settings' to different name on each device, to make sure they do not sync and talk to each other using the homeplug tech (so PLC light should then be off and the devices should work as a wired AP only)
Bionic

Post by Bionic »

billion_fan wrote:Is the PLC light on, on each device??

If the PLC light is on, this means the device might be using the homeplug tech to transfer data instead of the wired ethernet connection

If you don't want to use the PLC (homeplug tech) you will need to login to each device and change the "Network Password(Name)" under 'Powerline Settings' to different name on each device, to make sure they do not sync and talk to each other using the homeplug tech (so PLC light should then be off and the devices should work as a wired AP only)

Hi.I dont have these settings on my AP.Its for a Billion 3100SN
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Bionic wrote:
billion_fan wrote:Is the PLC light on, on each device??

Hi.I dont have these settings on my AP.Its for a Billion 3100SN
Ok, on your first post you said Wireless-N HomePlug AV 200 Ethernet Adapters, so this is where the confusion started......lol

Try changing over to 20/40mhz
Bionic

Post by Bionic »

Sorry bud that this is what is stated in the AP interface.It is currently on 20/40Mhz.Biilion SA support requested me to change the channel region from European to North America.Speeds are still terrible.To copy a simple file to server it results in 64-256kb per second.

Any other ides?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Bionic wrote:Sorry bud that this is what is stated in the AP interface.It is currently on 20/40Mhz.Biilion SA support requested me to change the channel region from European to North America.Speeds are still terrible.To copy a simple file to server it results in 64-256kb per second.

Any other ides?
What firmware version are you on?
Bionic

Post by Bionic »

1.08c
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Bionic wrote:1.08c
Are you sure the firmware is 1.08c?

Please check again as I have firmware 1.08l-c, if needed I will send you this firmware