BiPAC 8200N test firmware with DHCP option 61 for Sky FTTC

Discussions for BiPAC 8200 series VDSL modem /router: 8200AXL, 8206AZ, 8200M, 8200N
admin
Site Admin

BiPAC 8200N test firmware with DHCP option 61 for Sky FTTC

Post by admin »

Test firmware for BiPAC 8200N VDSL modem/ router with Sky FTTC

We have added the DHCP option 61 client ID on this test firmware so please give it go if you have our 8200N and Sky FTTC.

Syntax is same as the 7800N where you will need to enter your extracted username and password in the client ID box in the WAN profile section. e.g. yourskyusername|yourskypassword.

Let us know how you get on.

UPDATED 26/06/2012

Previous firmware has been replaced with the dy2 version which should fix the client ID invalid error.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
simon194

Re: BiPAC 8200N test firmware with DHCP option 61 for Sky FT

Post by simon194 »

I`ll give it a go when I get installed next Thursday.
tinytim

Post by tinytim »

Would this not have been better placed in the 8200 series sub-forum?
simon194

Post by simon194 »

I got a chance to try out the firmware but when I put in my username|password in the ClientID field and hit apply an error pops up which says "The value is invalid". It's definitely caused by that field because the error only occurs when when I put something in it.

I tried in both EWAN and VDSL mode but just got the same error message.

Edit: I've done some more in depth checking about this error and the characters that cause the error are the "@" symbol and the "|" (pipe) symbol. So it's not possible to enter the username|password in the ClientID field.

Another edit: I've found a way around the issue by editing the router's config file and then reloading it. I've only tried it in EWAN mode but it works fine and renews the lease correctly.
simon194

Post by simon194 »

** DELETED **
simon194

Post by simon194 »

Finally had a chance to try connecting in VDSL mode but the router won't sync. At first I thought it was because I hadn't set the VLAN ID because the router was an unused ex-display unit and didn't come with a Quick Start Guide so I had missed out the VLAN setup. I set the VLAN up as per the posts in the 8200N forum but it still won't sync.

I flashed it back with the latest official firmware (1.06A.DT6) but it still won't sync. I assume Sky are using 101 for the VLAN ID.

BTW we have ECI equipment in the street cabinets.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

simon194 wrote:I got a chance to try out the firmware but when I put in my username|password in the ClientID field and hit apply an error pops up which says "The value is invalid". It's definitely caused by that field because the error only occurs when when I put something in it.

Edit: I've done some more in depth checking about this error and the characters that cause the error are the "@" symbol and the "|" (pipe) symbol. So it's not possible to enter the username|password in the ClientID field.

Another edit: I've found a way around the issue by editing the router's config file and then reloading it. I've only tried it in EWAN mode but it works fine and renews the lease correctly.

Please try with the new firmware .dy2 which fixed the error on client ID.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

simon194 wrote:Finally had a chance to try connecting in VDSL mode but the router won't sync. At first I thought it was because I hadn't set the VLAN ID because the router was an unused ex-display unit and didn't come with a Quick Start Guide so I had missed out the VLAN setup. I set the VLAN up as per the posts in the 8200N forum but it still won't sync.

I flashed it back with the latest official firmware (1.06A.DT6) but it still won't sync. I assume Sky are using 101 for the VLAN ID.

BTW we have ECI equipment in the street cabinets.

We assume Sky uses VLAN ID 101 also but we have no way of confirming it unless other users find out for your.

We have actually tested the 8200N with ECI kit as one of our non BT customers is using ECI kit for some of their cabs. Not sure why it is not syncing with your one.

Maybe worth submit a ticket to our support team so we can ask our engineers of ways to debug the issue.
simon194

Post by simon194 »

admin wrote:
simon194 wrote:I got a chance to try out the firmware but when I put in my username|password in the ClientID field and hit apply an error pops up which says "The value is invalid". It's definitely caused by that field because the error only occurs when when I put something in it.

Please try with the new firmware .dy2 which fixed the error on client ID.
I'm still getting the same problem in the .dy2 firmware with the ClientID field erroring when '@' and '|' symbols are present.

Testing is on hold as the router is being RMA'd for testing because of the line sync problem.
simon194

Post by simon194 »

A replacement 8200N turned up today although I won't get a chance to start testing until the weekend. I flashed the .dy2 firmware and it still has the same ClientID issue as the previous version.