QoS *MAJOR* bug in 7800DXL

Got a suggestion or want to add something to our future wishlist?
Steelstar

QoS *MAJOR* bug in 7800DXL

Post by Steelstar »

I discovered a QoS bug... and it is a MAJOR bug in this router (7800DXL).
I spent about 2 hours trying everything, discovering that QoS limitation worked only on download (WAN to LAN) but not upload (LAN to WAN). Couldn't test prioritization since it is much difficult.

I am usually connected through PPPoA, since I find it slightly faster (at least here in Italy).
I tried to switch to PPPoE and ... Boom... QoS was working correctly.

I'll switch to PPPoE, even if I find it hard to believe such a major bug was not noticed before...
The main problem is for those user whose provider use only a PPPoA interface... in this case QoS is useless at the moment.

I expect Billion is going to produce a new firmware in no time to correct this.
billion_fan

Re: QoS *MAJOR* bug in 7800DXL

Post by billion_fan »

Steelstar wrote:I discovered a QoS bug... and it is a MAJOR bug in this router (7800DXL).
I spent about 2 hours trying everything, discovering that QoS limitation worked only on download (WAN to LAN) but not upload (LAN to WAN). Couldn't test prioritization since it is much difficult.

I am usually connected through PPPoA, since I find it slightly faster (at least here in Italy).
I tried to switch to PPPoE and ... Boom... QoS was working correctly.

I'll switch to PPPoE, even if I find it hard to believe such a major bug was not noticed before...
The main problem is for those user whose provider use only a PPPoA interface... in this case QoS is useless at the moment.

I expect Billion is going to produce a new firmware in no time to correct this.

I will discuss this issue further with our engineers
ams001

Post by ams001 »

Arghhh! I wish I had found out about this earlier. I just wasted a morning trying to figure out why QoS was not working as we want to limit our upstream service to our servers.

Thanks, and looking forward to a fix...
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

ams001 wrote:Arghhh! I wish I had found out about this earlier. I just wasted a morning trying to figure out why QoS was not working as we want to limit our upstream service to our servers.

Thanks, and looking forward to a fix...
Fix found here

http://www.billion.uk.com/esupport/inde ... l_232d_da1
ams001

Post by ams001 »

Thanks for the quick turnaround. Updated this morning and can confirm it is fixed.

"trickle" and "unison" do not work well together.