7800dxl

Voyager

7800dxl

Post by Voyager »

I have just recently moved to TalkTalk fibre and I would like use my 7800dxl, I have connected it to bt openreach modem it seems to work with the wireless but not with the wired connections can anyone tell me how to set up the 7800dxl for fibre to openreach modem. Thanks.
Tomken

Re: 7800dxl

Post by Tomken »

Voyager wrote:I have just recently moved to TalkTalk fibre and I would like use my 7800dxl, I have connected it to bt openreach modem it seems to work with the wireless but not with the wired connections can anyone tell me how to set up the 7800dxl for fibre to openreach modem. Thanks.
This thread was in the 7800DXL section which may help viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3260
billion_fan

Re: 7800dxl

Post by billion_fan »

Voyager wrote:I have just recently moved to TalkTalk fibre and I would like use my 7800dxl, I have connected it to bt openreach modem it seems to work with the wireless but not with the wired connections can anyone tell me how to set up the 7800dxl for fibre to openreach modem. Thanks.
Here are the instructions for the TalkTalk Fibre (not ADSL)

1. Login to the router on http://192.168.1.254
2. Click on 'Configuration >> WAN >> WAN service'
3. Remove the 'pppoa0' interface which is used for ADSL
4. Click on the 'Add' button
5. Change the 'WAN' port to 'Ethernet'
6. Change the 'Type' to 'IP over Ethernet'
8. Click on 'Next'
9. Under 'Available Routed WAN Interfaces' you will see your new 'ipoe' connection, select it and click on the arrow pointing left (so this 'ipoe' connection should now be listed under 'Selected Default Gateway Interfaces', also do the same for the DNS servers below so your 'Ipoe' interface should be listed under 'Selected DNS Server Interfaces')
10. Then click on 'Next' and that should be it.