XBox Strict NAT

whittall1

XBox Strict NAT

Post by whittall1 »

Hi,

I am currently running Sky fibre through my 7800N.
I have 3 xbox ones in the house but recently we have noticed that they are all running on Strict NAT.
Is there a way around this?
I wanted to put them all in a DMZ but it appears that you can only allocate 1 IP at a time.

Looking forward tou any advice,

Thanks
Dave
billion_fan

Re: XBox Strict NAT

Post by billion_fan »

whittall1 wrote:Hi,

I am currently running Sky fibre through my 7800N.
I have 3 xbox ones in the house but recently we have noticed that they are all running on Strict NAT.
Is there a way around this?
I wanted to put them all in a DMZ but it appears that you can only allocate 1 IP at a time.

Looking forward tou any advice,

Thanks
Dave
Not sure as I don't have three xbox ones to test with, (I only have one and I'm not using the 7800N anymore) make sure each xbox is turned off completely (hold the power button for 5 seconds) turn it back on, ensure UPNP is enabled and running off DHCP, then run the network test, do this one by one, as you have multiple Xbox's they will have to use different ports to access the xbox live, as most routers only support one DMZ host, the only way to get this working correctly is with UPNP, from my understanding xbox haven't sorted this out properly on the xbox one new OS, (they are releasing more and more updates but don't really mention the fixes)
whittall1

Post by whittall1 »

Hi Thanks for the reply.

I've now lost wireless so I think there may a problem with the router.
Do you know what 7800NXL is? and whether you can get it to work with Sky?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

whittall1 wrote:Hi Thanks for the reply.

I've now lost wireless so I think there may a problem with the router.
Do you know what 7800NXL is? and whether you can get it to work with Sky?
The Bipac 7800NXL has the firmware as the 7800DXL, so it will work with Sky, with the same setup method.

The 7800NXL has the 2.4ghz band only with two large external antennas for extended range.