Help! 7800n dead after quick start

river9999uk

Help! 7800n dead after quick start

Post by river9999uk »

Hi

I borrowed a 7800n from a friend (he's upgraded) as I heard they were pretty good so thought I'd test one out first. I factory reset it and then logged in and from the main menu choose 'Quick Start'. I entered my details and applied. It counted up to 100% saying and then I got page cannot be displayed after a minute. I waited for a few more minutes then thought it was a bit odd that nothing was happening. I went to look at the router to see what was happening and the lights were all off inc the power light.

I left it for a bit longer but then came back to it and it was the same...I eventually powered cycled it and the lights now just briefly flash faintly and that's it...dead no lights at all.

I've checked the PSU and its fine kicking out 12v and works with another device I have so its OK....

Any ideas guys? Is the router as dead as a dodo ?

Thanks in advance

PS Tried holding in the reset and turning on..no orange light after any amount of time
billion_fan

Re: Help! 7800n dead after quick start

Post by billion_fan »

river9999uk wrote:Hi

I borrowed a 7800n from a friend (he's upgraded) as I heard they were pretty good so thought I'd test one out first. I factory reset it and then logged in and from the main menu choose 'Quick Start'. I entered my details and applied. It counted up to 100% saying and then I got page cannot be displayed after a minute. I waited for a few more minutes then thought it was a bit odd that nothing was happening. I went to look at the router to see what was happening and the lights were all off inc the power light.

I left it for a bit longer but then came back to it and it was the same...I eventually powered cycled it and the lights now just briefly flash faintly and that's it...dead no lights at all.

I've checked the PSU and its fine kicking out 12v and works with another device I have so its OK....

Any ideas guys? Is the router as dead as a dodo ?

Thanks in advance

PS Tried holding in the reset and turning on..no orange light after any amount of time
Looks like your device is suffering from a hardware failure.
river9999uk

Re: Help! 7800n dead after quick start

Post by river9999uk »

After trying to switch it on in vain hope several days in a row I gave in and wrote it off....

tonight over a week later I decided to throw it in the bin but I decided to plug it in again for a laugh and the darn thing is working!!!!!!

I have no idea why it works now. I've tested for dodgy leads etc...nothing is wrong...??!!!

How bizzaire!