Can VPN but Can't Access Devices

bathingape

Can VPN but Can't Access Devices

Post by bathingape »

Have a bit of an issue here when connecting to my 7800N via VPN from my workplace. It seems I can connect to the VPN and when I do ifconfig (I'm using Mac OS X), it looks like I'm picking up an IP address too.

Code: Select all

ppp0: flags=8051<UP,POINTOPOINT,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1444
	inet 192.168.0.70 --> 192.168.0.1 netmask 0xffffff00 
The problem I'm having is that I can't access anything on my home network. I can't connect to my CCTV or my PVR.

The only thing I can think of causing this issue is that the workplace network I am connecting from has 192.168.0.x addresses with a DG of 192.168.0.1. This is the exact same setup as my home network. So when I try and access anything on my home network which is a 192.168.0.x address then maybe it's looking for it on my works network?
billion_fan

Re: Can VPN but Can't Access Devices

Post by billion_fan »

bathingape wrote:Have a bit of an issue here when connecting to my 7800N via VPN from my workplace. It seems I can connect to the VPN and when I do ifconfig (I'm using Mac OS X), it looks like I'm picking up an IP address too.

Code: Select all

ppp0: flags=8051<UP,POINTOPOINT,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1444
	inet 192.168.0.70 --> 192.168.0.1 netmask 0xffffff00 
The problem I'm having is that I can't access anything on my home network. I can't connect to my CCTV or my PVR.

The only thing I can think of causing this issue is that the workplace network I am connecting from has 192.168.0.x addresses with a DG of 192.168.0.1. This is the exact same setup as my home network. So when I try and access anything on my home network which is a 192.168.0.x address then maybe it's looking for it on my works network?
If there is option on your mac to turn off 'Route All Traffic' or something similar try to disable this within the tunnel.
bathingape

Post by bathingape »

Hi there, I already tried this and unfortunately doesn't make a difference. The option to route all traffic is actually disabled by default. I tried it enabled and disabled. No joy.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

bathingape wrote:Hi there, I already tried this and unfortunately doesn't make a difference. The option to route all traffic is actually disabled by default. I tried it enabled and disabled. No joy.
Try changing your ends DHCP and gateway so it doesn't match your works IP range/gateway