BiPAC 7800N beta firmware for SKY (1483MER) NOW WORKING!

ian12345

Re: BiPAC 7800N beta firmware for SKY (1483MER) NOW WORKING!

Post by ian12345 »

I followed both sets of instructions and get no internet connection on the 7800n, via the openreach modem.

I'm running 1.06g.

Please help guys because rightnow I'm losing around 30-35MBps over Wifi from sky router to my laptop/pc.

Yet, Connecting directly to the sky router gets me 65-70MBps, Yet Via Wifi it drops to around 35-40MBps.

Laptop is only 9FT from sky router on Wifi.

Never had any speed drop over wifi when on Bethere using my 7800n.
LFC185

Post by LFC185 »

Hi ian12345

The firmware your looking for is

Bipac 7800N Firmware 1.06H

This firmware supports SKY MER authentication for ADSL/Fibre FTTC (Client ID Section)

http://www.billion.uk.com/esupport/inde ... mware-106h

Or this new test firmware

7800N Firmware 1.06h.dt2 resolves blank DHCP table issue

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1486

Both work on sky Fibre :mrgreen:

regards
ian12345

Post by ian12345 »

Thanks mate,
Tried g, then h, then the beta in the link, still nothing.

Setting as listed here, My Sky Client ID and password correct ( from wireshark)

Just no internet connection. Switching everything off and back on gives the same result.

Don't know what if anything Im doing wrong, but its not working :(

Select WAN Port
Connect Mode  (ADSL)
Protocol MPoA (RFC1483/RFC2684, Multiprotocol Encapsulation over AAL5)
VPI /VCI 0 / 40
IP Address Obtain an IP Address Automatically.

ALSO,

WAN Port
Parameters

Main Port  (ADSL)

Protocol MPoA (RFC1483/RFC2684, Multiprotocol Encapsulation over AAL5

VPI / VCI 0/ 40

Encap. method VC/MUX

Client ID *********fc8@skydsl|e******d

IP Address  ('0.0.0.0' means 'Obtain an IP address automatically')

Netmask blacked out

Gateway blacked out

Obtain DNS Automatically Enabled

Primary DNS 8.8.8.8/ Secondary DNS 8.8.4.4

MTU 1500

IPv6 Disabled
tinytim

Post by tinytim »

I'm on BT Infinity & not using my Billion right now so I'm guessing a little as what you're doing wrong.

You should be connecting the EWAN port via an ethernet cable to LAN1 on the OR modem and change the Main port to EWAN (not ADSL).

I think the rest of what you're doing is probably OK, although maybe the VPI/VCI should be 0/38.

See this post - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=382&start=20#p1793 and the document it refers to.
ian12345

Post by ian12345 »

tinytim wrote:I'm on BT Infinity & not using my Billion right now so I'm guessing a little as what you're doing wrong.

You should be connecting the EWAN port via an ethernet cable to LAN1 on the OR modem and change the Main port to EWAN (not ADSL).

I think the rest of what you're doing is probably OK, although maybe the VPI/VCI should be 0/38.

See this post - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=382&start=20#p1793 and the document it refers to.

Thanks for the link mate, Tried what it says and sae results. :(

DHCP Client In Progress.

Why oh Why isn't this working??????????????????
frogfoot

Post by frogfoot »

Hmm, 7800 N has been connecting fine for over a year using MER, suddenly overnight the connection dropped and I am getting "DHCP Client In Progress" message and no connection. So for now I am back to PPPoA.
Is there any news on this, it seems to be happening to quite few people.
Tom
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

frogfoot wrote:Hmm, 7800 N has been connecting fine for over a year using MER, suddenly overnight the connection dropped and I am getting "DHCP Client In Progress" message and no connection. So for now I am back to PPPoA.
Tom
It seems Sky are reverting ADSL customers back to PPPOA, and only keeping FTTC customers on MER. It shouldn't make a difference as long as you have internet connection you should be fine. :D
frogfoot

Post by frogfoot »

billion_fan wrote:
frogfoot wrote:Hmm, 7800 N has been connecting fine for over a year using MER, suddenly overnight the connection dropped and I am getting "DHCP Client In Progress" message and no connection. So for now I am back to PPPoA.
Tom
It seems Sky are reverting ADSL customers back to PPPOA, and only keeping FTTC customers on MER. It shouldn't make a difference as long as you have internet connection you should be fine. :D
Thanks for the update, however it seems strange that if I connect my sky router it connects as MER
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

frogfoot wrote:
billion_fan wrote:
Tom
Thanks for the update, however it seems strange that if I connect my sky router it connects as MER
That is very strange, I assume they are still using option 61 for authentication, maybe they have added something different like option 60, I am not sure
alexmay

Post by alexmay »

Hi all,

Where are we with this issue? I have a 7800 (not 'N') on 1.06h and have the DHCP issue. Do you have a firmware update for my deice?

Thanks,
Alex