7800N does not power up - Stays Orange

kaisersuzae
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:00 pm

7800N does not power up - Stays Orange

Post by kaisersuzae » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:59 pm

So today i updated to the latest firmware 1.06h however. for some reason the power light is now orange and no other lights come on i.e. aDSL

if i turn it off and turn it back on - it flashes green (Power Light) and then turns to orange and nothing more happens.

i tried the reset but nothing.

please advise how i can bring it back to life.

billion_fan
Posts: 5272
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Re: 7800N does not power up - Stays Orange

Post by billion_fan » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:18 pm

kaisersuzae wrote:So today i updated to the latest firmware 1.06h however. for some reason the power light is now orange and no other lights come on i.e. aDSL

if i turn it off and turn it back on - it flashes green (Power Light) and then turns to orange and nothing more happens.

i tried the reset but nothing.

please advise how i can bring it back to life.
Try the recovery procedure (attached)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kaisersuzae
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:00 pm

Re: 7800N does not power up - Stays Orange

Post by kaisersuzae » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:56 pm

Thanks where do I do step 1.

billion_fan
Posts: 5272
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Re: 7800N does not power up - Stays Orange

Post by billion_fan » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:57 pm

kaisersuzae wrote:Thanks where do I do step 1.
You set the static IP to your LAN card on your PC, google search should point you in the right direction, eg how to set a static IP to win 7

kaisersuzae
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:00 pm

Re: 7800N does not power up - Stays Orange

Post by kaisersuzae » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:41 pm

i got that working. thanks that helped.

only problem now i have is that on my samsung smart tv - netflix and amazon prime will not stream, it logs in fine but after selecting the video, it attempts to play and then says it cant play it at this time. happens in both apps.
it was working before this issue had occurred.

billion_fan
Posts: 5272
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Re: 7800N does not power up - Stays Orange

Post by billion_fan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:23 am

kaisersuzae wrote:i got that working. thanks that helped.

only problem now i have is that on my samsung smart tv - netflix and amazon prime will not stream, it logs in fine but after selecting the video, it attempts to play and then says it cant play it at this time. happens in both apps.
it was working before this issue had occurred.
What about other apps, eg bbc iplayer or web browsing on your Samsung tv are they functioning fine??

kaisersuzae
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:00 pm

Re: 7800N does not power up - Stays Orange

Post by kaisersuzae » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:45 am

yes all working fine - just these two apps stopped working.

wondering if it was something to do with time zone area.

I have also just ordered sky fibre - do i need additional hardware to connect fibre via my router?

billion_fan
Posts: 5272
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Re: 7800N does not power up - Stays Orange

Post by billion_fan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:04 am

kaisersuzae wrote:yes all working fine - just these two apps stopped working.

wondering if it was something to do with time zone area.

I have also just ordered sky fibre - do i need additional hardware to connect fibre via my router?
If everything else is working I don't see why the other two apps shouldn't

Time Zone, what time zone are you referring too?

Yes you need additional hardware, a VDSL modem is needed (sky will provide you with a SR102 which cannot be turned into modem only mode) so two options below both are two box solutions

1. Purchase a open reach modem and connect the open reach modem to the 7800N EWAN port entering your username and password in the client ID section eg username@skydsl|password (7800N configured for EWAN)
2. Use the SR102 and 7800N, this time you will be running behind double NAT, so the SR102 connects the EWAN port on the 7800N, 7800N configured for EWAN >> Obtain a IP address automatically, the 7800N will obtain a internal IP from the SR102, note this WAN IP address down, and login to the SR102 and put this IP address into DMZ

I hope this helps :D

kaisersuzae
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:00 pm

Re: 7800N does not power up - Stays Orange

Post by kaisersuzae » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:04 pm

great thank you.

where can i purchase the modem from?
tell me what would be the benefit from doing this setup rather than using Sky Hub for this?

my 7800N has never lost connection since i have had it, where as my sky broadband (sagem), used to lose connection all the time. i use a lot of gaming and video streaming at home i.e. Plex etc.
Q

billion_fan
Posts: 5272
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Re: 7800N does not power up - Stays Orange

Post by billion_fan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:10 pm

kaisersuzae wrote:great thank you.

where can i purchase the modem from?
tell me what would be the benefit from doing this setup rather than using Sky Hub for this?

my 7800N has never lost connection since i have had it, where as my sky broadband (sagem), used to lose connection all the time. i use a lot of gaming and video streaming at home i.e. Plex etc.
Q
Not sure where you can purchase the modem from, some users have purchased it from ebay (used of course)

The benefit of this setup is the 7800N will control the network, with the other setup you will have to rely on the SR102 in conjunction with the 7800N to handle connections

The 7800N with a fibre connection will not handle the DSL line anymore, either the SR102 or the open reach modem will take care of the that depending on the setup, the 7800N will just handle the wireless connection/port forwarding etc

I hope this helps :D

Post Reply