Ethernet MAC filtering doesn't work

mylesjj1970

Ethernet MAC filtering doesn't work

Post by mylesjj1970 »

Hi,

I am looking at ways to enforce strict times for wifi internet usage within my household. My kids are spending far too much time in front of their computers. I am looking for a router that offers the following:

1) Scheduled times for specific devices e.g. I want to limit usage on my sons PC but not on other devices
2) Multiple schedules e.g Mondays 1700 - 1900 / Saturdays 1000 - 1200 etc

I currently have an old Billion 7800N router that appears to offer this functionality (via Ethernet MAC filter) but it just doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

Regards

MJ
billion_fan

Re: Ethernet MAC filtering doesn't work

Post by billion_fan »

mylesjj1970 wrote:Hi,

I am looking at ways to enforce strict times for wifi internet usage within my household. My kids are spending far too much time in front of their computers. I am looking for a router that offers the following:

1) Scheduled times for specific devices e.g. I want to limit usage on my sons PC but not on other devices
2) Multiple schedules e.g Mondays 1700 - 1900 / Saturdays 1000 - 1200 etc

I currently have an old Billion 7800N router that appears to offer this functionality (via Ethernet MAC filter) but it just doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

Regards

MJ
If you are referring to limited wireless networks, take alook at the 7800DXL/7800DX.

You can setup up to time schedule rules for a SSID, (so you have two SSID's one for the adults with a security password that your kids don't know, and the other for the kids with time slots when you want the SSID to broadcasted)

Take a look at the attached quick start guide (starting from page 23)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.