7800N Sky FTTC test firmware now working (UPDATED 16/5)

admin
Site Admin

7800N Sky FTTC test firmware now working (UPDATED 16/5)

Post by admin »

Hi all!

Just want to update you all on the Sky fibre status on 7800N. We are expecting a test firmware sometime this week so please stay tuned!

Updated 16/5/2012

We have released a test firmware with DHCP option 61 on EWAN interface for Sky FTTC and we have already got confirmation from several users that it is working. Thanks for the speedy response!

Please update if you find any problems. I will update this thread again later.
Bitbrit

Re: Regarding 7800N for Sky Fibe test firmware

Post by Bitbrit »

Staying tuned with all ears (well, eyes) open! Thank you & the team for working to get this out so quickly - I cannot wait!
johnsonp

Post by johnsonp »

Fantastic news - great job guys
tadams84

Post by tadams84 »

Great news, can't wait to get rid of the Sky router!

Thanks
dersam

Post by dersam »

Me too, the fact that media sharing (using WHS11) doesn't work between wired and wireless when you connect the openreach modem is well shoddy. Slight layer 2 switching/port isolation issues seems the most likely cause.

Will def buy a Billion router if you can crack this!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The EWAN DHCP option 61 test firmware got delayed slightly. Latest update from engineer today is ETA this Friday 18th May.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Need some help with Sky FTTC.

Can anyone with Sky FTTC confirm what protocol the Sky router is using to dial into the BT Openreach modem? I need to get engineers to add the DHCP option 61 for the right protocol. A screen shot will be useful if possible.

Anyway, I have a test firmware (Note it is for testing only) already with DHCP option 61 for EWAN under protocol "Obtain IP address automatically" so please give it a test and let us know if it works or not.

We have added the client ID under EWAN obtain IP address automatically for testing. So the same format as previous DHCP option 61 format. You will need to extract your username and password from your Sky router and then enter it in the "Client ID" section under EWAN.

e.g.

Client ID: your username|password

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks!

Admin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tadams84

Re: Regarding 7800N for Sky Fibe test firmware (UPDATED 16/5

Post by tadams84 »

So far it's been working for the past hour, connected as soon as it rebooted with the username and password.

Thanks to all the Billion team involved for sorting this out! Much appreciated
Bitbrit

Post by Bitbrit »

Posting this from my 7800N working on Sky Fibre! Seems to be going very smoothly and so much faster!
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

tadams84 wrote:So far it's been working for the past hour, connected as soon as it rebooted with the username and password.

Thanks to all the Billion team involved for sorting this out! Much appreciated
Bitbrit wrote:Posting this from my 7800N working on Sky Fibre! Seems to be going very smoothly and so much faster!
Thats great news, if you get any issues in the future please post your issues here. :D