7800N Sky FTTC test firmware now working (UPDATED 16/5)

billion_fan

Re: 7800N Sky FTTC test firmware now working (UPDATED 16/5)

Post by billion_fan »

aanubis2003 wrote:I Keep getting the msg after step 2 - FAIL! - Wan port seeing is not successfull, you can do this procedure again.

Any ideas anyone? I have upgraded the firmware and followed all steps on here i have tryed countless times but unbale to get it to work?

Any & all Help would be greatly apprechiated.
Try firmware 1.06h found here (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=753), once upgraded and reset back to factory default settings, plug your sky modem to the EWAN port on the 7800N, and then login to the device on http://192.168.1.254

Then click on 'WAN' on the left hand side

Make sure the 'Protocol' is set to obtain a IP address automatically

Then enter your skyusername and password in the 'Client ID' section example username@skydsl|password the most important part is '|' in between your username and password

Then click on 'Apply' let the modem save reboot and check your conneciton
aanubis2003

Post by aanubis2003 »

Thank you, Its all working now
fuzzmo

Post by fuzzmo »

Hi All,

Just a quick question. Just recently got Sky Fibre Pro and switched over to the Billion router today after a couple of weeks - painless changeover thanks to the great instructions and advice in this thread. However I don't see the sync speed (the Sky Hub would tell you this). Can anyone tell me where it might be located? Looked everywhere in the WAN config and status pages (both Basic and Advanced) and can't see it. Am on 1.06h firmware. TIA.

Fuzzmo
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

fuzzmo wrote:Hi All,

Just a quick question. Just recently got Sky Fibre Pro and switched over to the Billion router today after a couple of weeks - painless changeover thanks to the great instructions and advice in this thread. However I don't see the sync speed (the Sky Hub would tell you this). Can anyone tell me where it might be located? Looked everywhere in the WAN config and status pages (both Basic and Advanced) and can't see it. Am on 1.06h firmware. TIA.

Fuzzmo
The 7800N won't tell you the sync speeds, as it does not sync with your VDSL line
fuzzmo

Post by fuzzmo »

Ah ok, thanks Billion Fan.
rizon1

Post by rizon1 »

Hi all

I raised this with support, but thought I would ask for guidance here as well

- i flashed to 1.06h to use the router with sky / openreach FTTC modem
- i followed instructions on here and skyuser forum to obtain user / pw
- all worked perfectly
- 20 minutes later, the wireless / WPS light went out and wireless service stopped.

- despite repeating the process above and a couple of resets, I am unable to get the wireless up and running.

I would appreciate any ideas help as I would very much like to use the Billion, rather than Sky router.

Thanks!!
fuzzmo

Post by fuzzmo »

Hi rizon1,

You've probably got this sorted with support (they're pretty sharp and were brlliant when it happened to me). The same thing happened to me when I flashed from 1.06(x) (can't remember now) to 1.06g. My wireless went. Support diagnosed it straight away and sent a replacement (which was already flashed to g). Most likely the same has happened to you, and hopefully you now have a replacement...
Aeschylus

Post by Aeschylus »

Signed up today to say the help in these pages was fantastic, got my router this morning set it up and was expecting hassles, but that latest FW for the Sky version is so easy, booted it up put in my user name and details I got from mt SKy Hub SR101 (the way to do this is on the skyuser forum) and it went through instantly :)
skykit

Post by skykit »

Thanks to all on this board. I got fibre sorted yesterday from Sky and sure enough, the instructions on here worked perfectly.
Been on for about 12 hours now on the 7800n without any connection issues.

I did notice however that the Sky issued box got me 37mbps whereas the Billion is 30. I'll do some more testing over the weekend and report back.

Other than that, having almost no luck with port forwarding but I will start a new thread on the main forum.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

skykit wrote:Thanks to all on this board. I got fibre sorted yesterday from Sky and sure enough, the instructions on here worked perfectly.
Been on for about 12 hours now on the 7800n without any connection issues.

I did notice however that the Sky issued box got me 37mbps whereas the Billion is 30. I'll do some more testing over the weekend and report back.

Other than that, having almost no luck with port forwarding but I will start a new thread on the main forum.
Make sure QOS is disabled on the router, once disabled save the config and restart the router just to be sure.

Port forwarding should be done via the 'Virtual Server' page not the 'Firewall >> Packet Filter' just a heads up :D