Settings for 7800N on TalkTalk fibre

dflflack

Settings for 7800N on TalkTalk fibre

Post by dflflack »

Can anyone help me with the settings to set up my 7800N for use with the BT/talktalk fibre modem? I understand that I should reset the 7800N to Factory default and use the EWAN port but is this all I have to do? Will the TalkTalk IPTV work without additional settings? I would greatly appreciate it if someone who has successfully negotiated these hurdles could provide some help.

Thanks in advance

David
billion_fan

Re: Settings for 7800N on TalkTalk fibre

Post by billion_fan »

dflflack wrote:Can anyone help me with the settings to set up my 7800N for use with the BT/talktalk fibre modem? I understand that I should reset the 7800N to Factory default and use the EWAN port but is this all I have to do? Will the TalkTalk IPTV work without additional settings? I would greatly appreciate it if someone who has successfully negotiated these hurdles could provide some help.

Thanks in advance

David
You need to setup the 7800N for a EWAN connection >>> Obtain a IP address automatically, then apply your settings (use the basic menu) and the router should save and reboot (make sure your fibre modem is connected to the EWAN port on the 7800N)

For talktalk TV try following the attached link

http://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Plus ... -p/1054478