Port Forwarding Settings keep reverting

sabu57

Port Forwarding Settings keep reverting

Post by sabu57 »

Firstly, my apologies if this problem has already been discussed, but a search has revealed nothing similar.

My 7800N keeps reverting one particular Port Mapping setting back to an earlier value. Previously, I had Port 99 mapped to internal IP 192.168.1.2, but then needed to redirect it to 192.168.1.3. All works well for quite a while, but then the port mapping setting in the router reverts to the previous setting (.2).

I've not been able to establish if this occurs after a recycle of the router, but it's certainly not on every recycle. It may also be associated with the power-up of the earlier (.2) device, which is not normally switched on.

Before I launch into a detailed analysis of the cause, is anyone aware of this strange behaviour have occurred previously?

Thanks in advance.
billion_fan

Re: Port Forwarding Settings keep reverting

Post by billion_fan »

sabu57 wrote:Firstly, my apologies if this problem has already been discussed, but a search has revealed nothing similar.

My 7800N keeps reverting one particular Port Mapping setting back to an earlier value. Previously, I had Port 99 mapped to internal IP 192.168.1.2, but then needed to redirect it to 192.168.1.3. All works well for quite a while, but then the port mapping setting in the router reverts to the previous setting (.2).

I've not been able to establish if this occurs after a recycle of the router, but it's certainly not on every recycle. It may also be associated with the power-up of the earlier (.2) device, which is not normally switched on.

Before I launch into a detailed analysis of the cause, is anyone aware of this strange behaviour have occurred previously?

Thanks in advance.
Never seen this issue before, I assume you applied the change, then saved the config to flash to ensure it is saved correctly???
sabu57

Re: Port Forwarding Settings keep reverting

Post by sabu57 »

Indeed yes, and the settings persist from anything between 1 - 5 days, regardless of whether the router is re-booted.

Previously, I merely edited the internal IP address in the existing Port Forwarding entry to effect the change. As an experiment, I've deleted the entry entirely, and set it up again from scratch. It's managed to remain correct for a few days now, and has survived a couple of re-boots, so fingers crossed !!