SKY fibre FTTC settings (not EWAN)

A Laws

SKY fibre FTTC settings (not EWAN)

Post by A Laws »

Hi,

Please can anyone assist.

I've been using my 7800N for the last few years for SKY ADSL (PPPOA) with no issues.

We've just upgraded to sky fibre, however this this is FTTC with copper wire from the road cabinet using the same phone wires as the ADSL.

All of the post I can find for sky fibre are for setting the 7800N up for EWAN, however i still have the old RJ11 connection.

Please can anyone advise me of the 7800N setting for sky fibre 40Mb using the DSL input? (sky username and password is known so no need to explain that)

Thanks
billion_fan

Re: SKY fibre FTTC settings (not EWAN)

Post by billion_fan »

A Laws wrote:Hi,

Please can anyone assist.

I've been using my 7800N for the last few years for SKY ADSL (PPPOA) with no issues.

We've just upgraded to sky fibre, however this this is FTTC with copper wire from the road cabinet using the same phone wires as the ADSL.

All of the post I can find for sky fibre are for setting the 7800N up for EWAN, however i still have the old RJ11 connection.

Please can anyone advise me of the 7800N setting for sky fibre 40Mb using the DSL input? (sky username and password is known so no need to explain that)

Thanks
When your fibre service is enabled, your 7800N will not be able to sync with the phone line (DSL light blinking) as the 7800N does not have a VDSL modem built in

So if the DSL light is still on solid, this means your line has not been enabled for a fibre/VDSL service yet (you should be able to check the sync speeds on the 7800N to confirm)

The only setup option when on fibre and using the 7800N is the EWAN setup.
A Laws

Post by A Laws »

Thank you for your reply.

Well i'll see how the sky router goes, but no doubt i'll replace it soon.

I presume the 8800NL or 8800AXL are the billion recommended choices.

Any other recomendations for a VDSL router suitable for SKY Fibre DSL with at least 4 gigabit ports?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

A Laws wrote:Thank you for your reply.

Well i'll see how the sky router goes, but no doubt i'll replace it soon.

I presume the 8800NL or 8800AXL are the billion recommended choices.

Any other recomendations for a VDSL router suitable for SKY Fibre DSL with at least 4 gigabit ports?
The only one at the moment with 4 giga lan ports is the 8800AXL.

It might be worth waiting for the newer 8900 series being released hopefully by the end of this year.