orange ethernet

norsenoddy

orange ethernet

Post by norsenoddy »

Hi and thanks for accepting my request to join . I'm new to the 7800n got hold of a used one to try out on a long line ( attenuation 57 ) in place of a old dg834gt which did a fair job the 7800n seems ok so far but I can't help but wonder if all the ethernet led's should be orange tried different cables but still the same , or is this some thing to do with my low internet speed ? cheers
billion_fan

Re: orange ethernet

Post by billion_fan »

norsenoddy wrote:Hi and thanks for accepting my request to join . I'm new to the 7800n got hold of a used one to try out on a long line ( attenuation 57 ) in place of a old dg834gt which did a fair job the 7800n seems ok so far but I can't help but wonder if all the ethernet led's should be orange tried different cables but still the same , or is this some thing to do with my low internet speed ? cheers
Normally a amber/orange Ethernet light means the connection between your pc/device is running @100mbps, if the light turns green this means the connection between the devices is running @1000mbps

Best to check the connecting equipment to see if the LAN card is max 100mbps, also check the Ethernet cable to make sure its proper gigabit Ethernet cable.
norsenoddy

Post by norsenoddy »

thanks for that I checked and it was on auto changed it to 1000 and had trouble connecting so I think your right about the cable cheers
7800nUser

Post by 7800nUser »

Cat5 ethernet cables or greater is needed for 1 gigabit speeds.