7800dxl NAS Folders Empty on Smart TV

madmogga

7800dxl NAS Folders Empty on Smart TV

Post by madmogga »

Hi i am new to all this and need some help accessing my USB plugged into my 7800

via the computer i have had no problems, set everything as instructed and created a new user and password , then used the 192.168.200.254 then typed in my password etc. bingo all worked ok so i put some music and pictures etc. on the drive

now the problem is when i go to my smart TV i can see the folders where i have put my music and pictures but when i click the folders they are blank, now i think the problem is that my tv is not asking for the password so not allowing me to view them ? and i can not find anywhere how to sort this eiterh on the billion site or my TV site - tv is a sony 65xd8599

i have looked to see if possible to set up a users with out a password but this is not possible

what am i doing wrong ? help please
billion_fan

Re: 7800dxl NAS Folders Empty on Smart TV

Post by billion_fan »

madmogga wrote:Hi i am new to all this and need some help accessing my USB plugged into my 7800

via the computer i have had no problems, set everything as instructed and created a new user and password , then used the 192.168.200.254 then typed in my password etc. bingo all worked ok so i put some music and pictures etc. on the drive

now the problem is when i go to my smart TV i can see the folders where i have put my music and pictures but when i click the folders they are blank, now i think the problem is that my tv is not asking for the password so not allowing me to view them ? and i can not find anywhere how to sort this eiterh on the billion site or my TV site - tv is a sony 65xd8599

i have looked to see if possible to set up a users with out a password but this is not possible

what am i doing wrong ? help please
Try copying a file to the root of the hard drive, also make sure there aren't too many subdirectories

To access the root of the hard drive from a PC, restart the PC, try to access the share, when prompted for a username and password use the same username and password set to the router, then you can access the root of the hard drive

If that does not work it might because your TV does not support samba share, try enabling DLNA within the USB settings on the router
madmogga

Post by madmogga »

Hi thanks for the advise but i am still having problems i have enabled DNLA feature, and have found out the problem which is that unless i am logged into the NAS drive on one of my computers my smart TV or Kodi box only sees empty folders or i can not connect to the drive at all, but as soon as i connect to the NAS drive on a computer and enter the admin password my smart tv and Kodi box can now see all the files

any idea on what i am doing wrong ?

i have tried copying everything over to the public folder - but if i do this then the smart tv and kodi box can not see any files again ? can not understand why they can only see files in the admin account and not the public folder ?

thanks for any help
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

madmogga wrote:Hi thanks for the advise but i am still having problems i have enabled DNLA feature, and have found out the problem which is that unless i am logged into the NAS drive on one of my computers my smart TV or Kodi box only sees empty folders or i can not connect to the drive at all, but as soon as i connect to the NAS drive on a computer and enter the admin password my smart tv and Kodi box can now see all the files

any idea on what i am doing wrong ?

i have tried copying everything over to the public folder - but if i do this then the smart tv and kodi box can not see any files again ? can not understand why they can only see files in the admin account and not the public folder ?

thanks for any help
I think it has something to do with the permissions, hence when you login with the admin credentials it allows access, I don't think there is away to get around the permissions