Talktalk fibre and DXL

billion_fan

Re: Talktalk fibre and DXL

Post by billion_fan »

jamesjay wrote:@ Million_Fan,

I noticed that on the 7800DXL that I wasn't using PPPoE but IPoE and have tried to implement your settings a number of times over the weekend, your instructions worked fine on the 8800NL but when I try the PPPoE settings on the 7800 the green internet led on the router goes out and I cannot access the internet until I change it back to IPoE.

I have the latest firmware on both and I'm not sure what I am doing wrong although my internet connection and both units appears to be stable.

Kind regards,
James.
Sorry my apologies, IPOE should be used on the 7800DXL (got mixed up between other ISP setups)

As long as you have a public IP address assigned to the 7800DXL WAN interface, you should be fine.

My previous post has been edited to reflect this :D
jamesjay

Re: Talktalk fibre and DXL

Post by jamesjay »

billion_fan wrote:
jamesjay wrote:@ Million_Fan,

I noticed that on the 7800DXL that I wasn't using PPPoE but IPoE and have tried to implement your settings a number of times over the weekend, your instructions worked fine on the 8800NL but when I try the PPPoE settings on the 7800 the green internet led on the router goes out and I cannot access the internet until I change it back to IPoE.

I have the latest firmware on both and I'm not sure what I am doing wrong although my internet connection and both units appears to be stable.

Kind regards,
James.
Sorry my apologies, IPOE should be used on the 7800DXL (got mixed up between other ISP setups)

As long as you have a public IP address assigned to the 7800DXL WAN interface, you should be fine.

My previous post has been edited to reflect this :D
Thanks again Million_Fan,

I have learn't from my previous failures when messing with the 7800 settings and made sure I did backups when I had a working setup using IPoE and the 8800 in bridge mode.

I kept thinking I had missed something and did give the PPPoE setting a fair few tries in case I was using an insecure setting and because all the times you have helped me in the past you are always spot on so I kept thinking it was me doing something wrong...so you are mortal after all ;)

Thanks for all your help.
James.