Billion 7800DXL From Ebay - Warranty Seal

dave103

Billion 7800DXL From Ebay - Warranty Seal

Post by dave103 »

Dear Colleagues,

I had a TP-Link TD-W8960N on my adsl broadband but heard about the tweaking feature on the Billion Bipac 7800DXL.
I managed to get one for 20 pounds with the box on ebay and collected it from a computer repair place in West London.
On closer inspection, it appears that there is a minute cut line on the 'warranty seal' (pic below). Not sure if this means that someone has opened the unit or not. The four plastic feet at the bottom of the router all look intact and solid.
Shall I ask for a partial refund / return it or is a cut warranty seal common on refurbished units ?.
Also has any user on this forum experienced a 7800 DXL suddenly dying on them or having intermittent problems ? - or are these rock solid work horses ?.
Any opinions / suggestions appreciated.
Thank you
Dave103

billion_fan

Re: Billion 7800DXL From Ebay - Warranty Seal

Post by billion_fan »

dave103 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:18 pm Dear Colleagues,

I had a TP-Link TD-W8960N on my adsl broadband but heard about the tweaking feature on the Billion Bipac 7800DXL.
I managed to get one for 20 pounds with the box on ebay and collected it from a computer repair place in West London.
On closer inspection, it appears that there is a minute cut line on the 'warranty seal' (pic below). Not sure if this means that someone has opened the unit or not. The four plastic feet at the bottom of the router all look intact and solid.
Shall I ask for a partial refund / return it or is a cut warranty seal common on refurbished units ?.
Also has any user on this forum experienced a 7800 DXL suddenly dying on them or having intermittent problems ? - or are these rock solid work horses ?.
Any opinions / suggestions appreciated.
Thank you
Dave103

Sometimes the warranty seal will break during transit nothing to worry about
dave103

Re: Billion 7800DXL From Ebay - Warranty Seal

Post by dave103 »

Thank you Billion Fan.