IPv6 Set Up issues

Comedy79

IPv6 Set Up issues

Post by Comedy79 »

So last night I thought I would be clever and add ipv6 connection on the router.

Got it all working and went to bed, this morning nothing connects to the internet and a check of WAN status shows us as constantly connecting under IpoE.

I've reverted everything back to ipv4 connection and restarted the modem and router but they just wont seem to talk to each other?

Any thoughts on what I can do, I'm loathed to do a factory reset as I dont have my snooped login details anymore.

Surely undoing the ipv6 boxes I ticked should just put it back to how it was?

I'm on sky fibre and using the old openreach modem with my trusty DXL...

The wife is fuming as none of the technology is now working in the house... :roll:

Cheers in advance.
Last edited by Comedy79 on Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Comedy79

Re: IPv6 Set Up issues

Post by Comedy79 »

Ok, so it might be Sky's issue rather than anything I have done...

Trouble is, now my settings are all over the place and because I tried to do a quick start, I may have lost my password anyway?? :oops:

Keep you posted once Openreach have investigated!
Last edited by Comedy79 on Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Comedy79

Post by Comedy79 »

Ok, so I am back and connected to the internet and gone back to my original settings.

I have then added the settings as per the below;

But i am now only getting a 3/20 on the IPv6 check website...

Any ideas please?

Cheers

David
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Comedy79 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:03 pm Ok, so I am back and connected to the internet and gone back to my original settings.

I have then added the settings as per the below;

But i am now only getting a 3/20 on the IPv6 check website...

Any ideas please?

Cheers

David
Make sure IPv6 is enabled for the WAN interface
Comedy79

Post by Comedy79 »

I've triple checked and can't work out what is now different and therefore not working.... Maybe I am just being stupid :oops:

Note to self, save settings before changing things!! :roll:

I'll install the new firmware you just published and try again and hopefully can get things working!
Comedy79

Post by Comedy79 »

Could it be because I am set up under IPoE rather than PPPoA?

I can't get connected via PPPoA though, or is that were I have to snoop my proper Username and Password, rather than just the dummy ones I am using under IPoE?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Comedy79 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:43 pm Could it be because I am set up under IPoE rather than PPPoA?

I can't get connected via PPPoA though, or is that were I have to snoop my proper Username and Password, rather than just the dummy ones I am using under IPoE?
I don't think that is a issue any more (the username and password).

Try dropping the IPOE connection and reconnect (Status >> WAN) click on the 'Release' button, once the page has refreshed it will show a 'Renew' button, click on that, once reconnected check to see if you have a IPv6 connection
Comedy79

Post by Comedy79 »

Alas not, the "IPv6 Address" field is still blank on the WAN info page... :?

I'll start from scratch again once I have updated the firmware later! Will let you know how I get on!
Comedy79

Post by Comedy79 »

Ok, latest firmware installed and reconfigured the router. Alas still no IPv6 access.... :roll:

Everything else works fine, could they have switched me off from having IPv6 access or something when they re-connected me? :oops:
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Comedy79 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:01 pm Ok, latest firmware installed and reconfigured the router. Alas still no IPv6 access.... :roll:

Everything else works fine, could they have switched me off from having IPv6 access or something when they re-connected me? :oops:
Not sure, the only option is to try using Sky own router and see if IPv6 is working on that

Another thing to check is on the 'Status' page of the router, check to see if the LAN IPv6 Address has changed from the normal "fe80" address to a different address. If it has then a IPv6 address should be assigned to the router