VPN Passthrough

dgk123

Re: VPN Passthrough

Post by dgk123 »

On the remote 7800DX - L2TP with IPSec server which I can log into from other locations fine. No site to site VPNs.

On the local (my) 7800DX - L2TP with IPSec server configured. No site to site VPNs. From here I can't connect to the remote 7800DX (or any other VPN servers) unless I do the trick with turning off NAT-T and turning it back on again, then connected while it restarts, or bypass the local 7800 completely.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

dgk123 wrote:On the remote 7800DX - L2TP with IPSec server which I can log into from other locations fine. No site to site VPNs.

On the local (my) 7800DX - L2TP with IPSec server configured. No site to site VPNs. From here I can't connect to the remote 7800DX (or any other VPN servers) unless I do the trick with turning off NAT-T and turning it back on again, then connected while it restarts, or bypass the local 7800 completely.

Got it, once I get a chance I will test it for you
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

dgk123 wrote:On the remote 7800DX - L2TP with IPSec server which I can log into from other locations fine. No site to site VPNs.

Issue has been reported and we are discussing with our engineers.
dgk123

Post by dgk123 »

Many thanks, much appreciated.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

dgk123 wrote:Many thanks, much appreciated.

Can you confirm that if you disbale NAT- T, that you dial out to your office 7800DX using L2TP over IPsec??
swampylee

Post by swampylee »

Hi, I've just raised a ticket for a similar sounding issue to the original poster. Just upgraded from a 7800n to a 7800dxl and since the upgrade my Cisco VPN client on Win 7 64bit refuses to connect to my corporate VPN. I'm able to ping the VPN IP address without a problem. Apparently the Cisco VPN software uses ipsec/UDP.

I'm using the latest 2.32d.dh2 firmware.

Was there ever a resolution to this original post? If I can't get this sorted out the 7800dxl is going to unfortunately have to go back.

Any help greatly appreciated.
-Lee
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

swampylee wrote:Hi, I've just raised a ticket for a similar sounding issue to the original poster. Just upgraded from a 7800n to a 7800dxl and since the upgrade my Cisco VPN client on Win 7 64bit refuses to connect to my corporate VPN. I'm able to ping the VPN IP address without a problem. Apparently the Cisco VPN software uses ipsec/UDP.

Was there ever a resolution to this original post? If I can't get this sorted out the 7800dxl is going to unfortunately have to go back.

-Lee
We have received your ticket, we will be in contact via our support ticket
swampylee

Post by swampylee »

Just in case anyone else has the same problem, I was able to get around it by changing the config of the Cisco VPN client under "Enable Transparent Tunnelling" option from IPSec over UDP (NAT / PAT) to IPSec over TCP (Port 10000). I used IPSec over UDP for the last 2+ years with a 7800n so would still like Billion support to investigate why this had to be changed with the 7800dxl. It seems that the router is doing something strange when using IPSec over UDP.
Anyway, hopefully one day the above will help someone with the same issue.
-Lee
billion_fan wrote:
swampylee wrote:Hi, I've just raised a ticket for a similar sounding issue to the original poster. Just upgraded from a 7800n to a 7800dxl and since the upgrade my Cisco VPN client on Win 7 64bit refuses to connect to my corporate VPN. I'm able to ping the VPN IP address without a problem. Apparently the Cisco VPN software uses ipsec/UDP.

-Lee
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

swampylee wrote:Just in case anyone else has the same problem, I was able to get around it by changing the config of the Cisco VPN client under "Enable Transparent Tunnelling" option from IPSec over UDP (NAT / PAT) to IPSec over TCP (Port 10000). I used IPSec over UDP for the last 2+ years with a 7800n so would still like Billion support to investigate why this had to be changed with the 7800dxl. It seems that the router is doing something strange when using IPSec over UDP.
-Lee
billion_fan wrote:

-Lee
admin is looking into the issue, he will drop you update via our support ticket
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

swampylee wrote:Just in case anyone else has the same problem, I was able to get around it by changing the config of the Cisco VPN client under "Enable Transparent Tunnelling" option from IPSec over UDP (NAT / PAT) to IPSec over TCP (Port 10000). I used IPSec over UDP for the last 2+ years with a 7800n so would still like Billion support to investigate why this had to be changed with the 7800dxl. It seems that the router is doing something strange when using IPSec over UDP.
-Lee
billion_fan wrote:

-Lee
Try the attached firmware for the DXL and let us know if you have any issues with IPsec passthrough when using 'IPSec over UDP (NAT / PAT)'
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.