adding a wireless bridge

kenny70

adding a wireless bridge

Post by kenny70 »

dont know if this is possible but can i use my dg834gt as a bridge/access point for my 7800dxl

The dg834gt has dgteam firmware so i can activate wireles bridging and repeating, i've also turned off dhcp on netgear, the netgear shows up under wireless bridge on 7800dxl i select it but thats as far as i get

kenny
admin
Site Admin

Re: adding a wireless bridge

Post by admin »

bridge/ access point meaning AP+client mode or WDS? Only thing is the 834GT is 802.11g+ I think so even if it works it will only work in the 2.4Ghz 54Mbps.
kenny70

Post by kenny70 »

admin wrote:bridge/ access point meaning AP+client mode or WDS? Only thing is the 834GT is 802.11g+ I think so even if it works it will only work in the 2.4Ghz 54Mbps.
not to sure what i need just thought i would be able to use it to connect my smart tv upstairs via a lan then connect wireless to internet through the 7800dxl and save running a long cable downstairs

kenny
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

kenny70 wrote:
admin wrote:bridge/ access point meaning AP+client mode or WDS? Only thing is the 834GT is 802.11g+ I think so even if it works it will only work in the 2.4Ghz 54Mbps.
not to sure what i need just thought i would be able to use it to connect my smart tv upstairs via a lan then connect wireless to internet through the 7800dxl and save running a long cable downstairs

kenny

Try a manual setup, you will need to know the MAC addresses of both units to setup WDS.

Attached is a screen capture of where you will need to manually enter your netgears wireless MAC address.

Then you will need to do the same with on your netgear, enter the 7800DXLS wireless MAC into the netgear.

Then match the wireless channel, security type and password and they should then talk to each other
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kenny70

Post by kenny70 »

Excellent got it working after a few hours last night and 20 mins this morning, seems i was trying to change too many things

heres how i got it sorted

Entered the Netgear Mac in wireless bridge of 7800dxl
n netgear i enabled WDS and added the 7800dxl mac address

wouldnt work so i checked station info in 7800dxl to see if netgear was connected and found that for some reason the netgear mac address was different in that first 2 numbers where 06 and not 00 as netgear was advertising, changed it in wireless bridge area and worked right away.

happy as larry