[UPDATE] Limited connection - no internet

stevebyo

[UPDATE] Limited connection - no internet

Post by stevebyo »

(7800DXL - latest update applied)

Hi,

This post touches on a number of points made elsewhere but this is my experience -

2.4GHZ connection - 5 GHZ off

When i make changes and apply them (via wirless and Wired connections) it sometimes appears to reset all connections, this results in some reconnecting successfully but others get stuck in an "aquiring IP" and "limited connection" no internet.

I can sometimes fix the wirless connection by using diagnose connection - forget and reconnect etc but not always. Resetting the 7800dxl (power off /on)sometimes cures the problem but I have had the devices connect but now the internet connection has failed.

My next solution was to factory default the unit and enable 2.4 disable 5 and the system seems now to be ok.

I have been through different elements of this proccess at different times some time i can play no problem others catastrofic.

I have had the unit stable 24 hrs + but mostly thats because i do not dare to enter the programe interface while there is a need for internet access.

The most problematic interface is from my HP Ultrabook laptop via a Qualcomm Atheros 9485 802.11 b/g/n card WINDOWS 8 which when the others will reconnect this one refuses to accept and IP address and stays limited connection.
Last edited by stevebyo on Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
billion_fan

Re: Limited connection - no internet

Post by billion_fan »

have you tried to disable the power saving options

Link attached, see my last post at the bottom of the page

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=823
stevebyo

Post by stevebyo »

Hi,

No - will test tonight

Thanks
stevebyo

Post by stevebyo »

Hi,

I have switched off the power save option as suggested, have not been able to confirm an improvement due to my other posted issue with Steam gaming chat problems.

steve
stevebyo

Re: [UPDATE] Limited connection - no internet

Post by stevebyo »

Hi,

having continued to test the stability of the 7800DXL and configuration via the Web interface, I can only hope the next major update improves things ? Once you set things up just "leave well alone" it just seems to much of a lottery whether it will apply without issue or disconnect all devices to 'limited connection' to my family's disgust.

regards

Steve
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

stevebyo wrote:Hi,

having continued to test the stability of the 7800DXL and configuration via the Web interface, I can only hope the next major update improves things ? Once you set things up just "leave well alone" it just seems to much of a lottery whether it will apply without issue or disconnect all devices to 'limited connection' to my family's disgust.

regards

Steve
Next firmware release should address these lockup issues.

Once we have the firmware, we will release it.
Tomken

Post by Tomken »

If your HP Ultrabook is being buggy when other machines aren't, then it probably isn't the router.

Although you shouldn't have to you could assign it with a static IP address, but came across this solution for some for Limited connection -

Start Screen Win 8 - Settings - Change PC Settings - Devices - turn on Download over metered connections - and see if it works for you.

It could also be your AV - noticed a few with similar problems when using AVG 2013.

You could also try these cmds as administrator from the cmd prompt pressing Enter after each.

netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

exit

Then reboot.