setting up virtual servers

geminidesign

setting up virtual servers

Post by geminidesign »

Hi,

I am trying to set up a billion 7800dxl router so I can access a mac server from outside. If I add vnc and pptp on the router to point to my server in virtual server setup I can not connect. If I turn on dmz my connections go straight through using my old settings.

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong. Thank you
billion_fan

Re: setting up virtual servers

Post by billion_fan »

geminidesign wrote:Hi,

I am trying to set up a billion 7800dxl router so I can access a mac server from outside. If I add vnc and pptp on the router to point to my server in virtual server setup I can not connect. If I turn on dmz my connections go straight through using my old settings.

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong. Thank you
Check the interface option on the virtual server page to ensure the correct WAN interface is selected for the virtual server rule.

For PPTP you might need to add a GRE rule also.
geminidesign

Post by geminidesign »

thank you..
geminidesign

Post by geminidesign »

I have the billion 7800dxl set up using Ewan as when I tried to plug it from the BT point to the dsl connection it would not connect.
Now it is going from the white BT open reach box using ehthernet. Should I be able to plug it straight into the BT facia and remove the open reach box?

thank you
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

geminidesign wrote:I have the billion 7800dxl set up using Ewan as when I tried to plug it from the BT point to the dsl connection it would not connect.
Now it is going from the white BT open reach box using ehthernet. Should I be able to plug it straight into the BT facia and remove the open reach box?

thank you
No as the 7800DXL does not have a VDSL modem, only a ADSL/2+ modem built in
geminidesign

Post by geminidesign »

Thank you.