NTP poll

phreder

NTP poll

Post by phreder »

Just wondering how often the 7800DXL polls the (S)NTP server or if it does, as there seems to be no period configuration option or log item.
billion_fan

Re: NTP poll

Post by billion_fan »

phreder wrote:Just wondering how often the 7800DXL polls the (S)NTP server or if it does, as there seems to be no period configuration option or log item.
I think this is performed once a WAN connection is established, the other option is to use the 'Sync' button on the status page.
phreder

Post by phreder »

billion_fan wrote:
phreder wrote:Just wondering how often the 7800DXL polls the (S)NTP server or if it does, as there seems to be no period configuration option or log item.
I think this is performed once a WAN connection is established, the other option is to use the 'Sync' button on the status page.
Yes, it does on the WAN connection. I was wondering whether it does regular polls to prevent drift. As an example, my previous ISP's Technicolor router used to fetch from the NTP server every hour by default, though this was configurable IIRC. Does the 7800DXL only fetch once?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

phreder wrote:
billion_fan wrote:
Yes, it does on the WAN connection. I was wondering whether it does regular polls to prevent drift. As an example, my previous ISP's Technicolor router used to fetch from the NTP server every hour by default, though this was configurable IIRC. Does the 7800DXL only fetch once?
I'll have to check with our engineers once they return from annual break (Chinese New Year at moment)
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

It will sync once every 30 seconds.
phreder

Post by phreder »

billion_fan wrote:

It will sync once every 30 seconds.
Whoo! That's frequent. Thanks for checking.