IPSec/L2TP client using internal address on VPN link (7800VDOX)

ziggy252

IPSec/L2TP client using internal address on VPN link (7800VDOX)

Post by ziggy252 »

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a Billion 7800VDOX router (running 2.32e) to provide a VPN link over 3G. We're running SoftEther on the server end, which works fine when I connect to it with other devices (smartphones, laptops etc). For some reason though, when I establish a connection from the router, instead of requesting a DHCP address from the server (192.168.7.0/24), it instead assigns the same IP as it has on its local interface (the default being 192.168.1.254), which means that no traffic can actually be routed.

If I set the local LAN to the same IP range as the VPN destination network (putting the router on 192.168.7.200), then when the local address of the router is assigned on the VPN link it is possible to access other subnets beyond the VPN net (eg 192.168.8.0/24), but not access anything at the server end of the 192.168.7.0/24 network (since they aren't really on the same network segment).

DHCP from the server is clearly working because the router is being handed the default gateway and other parameters, and the logs on the server reflect this. Wireshark shows the incoming request from the router doesn't ask for an IP, it does ask for the other fields.

Help me Billion Kenobi, you're my only hope!

Kind regards,

Emily.
billion_fan

Re: IPSec/L2TP client using internal address on VPN link (7800VDOX)

Post by billion_fan »

ziggy252 wrote:Hi,

I'm trying to set up a Billion 7800VDOX router (running 2.32e) to provide a VPN link over 3G. We're running SoftEther on the server end, which works fine when I connect to it with other devices (smartphones, laptops etc). For some reason though, when I establish a connection from the router, instead of requesting a DHCP address from the server (192.168.7.0/24), it instead assigns the same IP as it has on its local interface (the default being 192.168.1.254), which means that no traffic can actually be routed.

If I set the local LAN to the same IP range as the VPN destination network (putting the router on 192.168.7.200), then when the local address of the router is assigned on the VPN link it is possible to access other subnets beyond the VPN net (eg 192.168.8.0/24), but not access anything at the server end of the 192.168.7.0/24 network (since they aren't really on the same network segment).

DHCP from the server is clearly working because the router is being handed the default gateway and other parameters, and the logs on the server reflect this. Wireshark shows the incoming request from the router doesn't ask for an IP, it does ask for the other fields.

Help me Billion Kenobi, you're my only hope!

Kind regards,

Emily.
Please submit a ticket on the following link http://www.billion.uk.com/esupport/inde ... ets/Submit