Trying to pair and setup Belkin Wemo causes lockup

swatboy79

Trying to pair and setup Belkin Wemo causes lockup

Post by swatboy79 »

Here with another way to lock up a 7800DXL.

Just trying to set up my new belken wemo and everytime without fail when I try to pair the device the router locks up as it does in other scenarios in my others posts (VPN etc)

All the lights are on but cannot access the router / internet.

I am trying to be constructive but I am starting to regret the purchase. The 7800DXL is riddled with lock up bugs - routers need to be stable.
I do hope what they working on at the moment cures all these lock up issues. There are at least 4 other posts on here so far with lockup issues.

Please see if anyone can reproduce this.
swatboy79

Re: Trying to pair and setup Belkin Wemo causes lockup

Post by swatboy79 »

Even when trying to pair the Wemo with another wifi access point causes the 7800DXL to lock up!

Because of this I have now removed the 7800DXL from my network and running on my old DG836GT and everything works including the wemo and VPN etc.

I did this to prove that my network is sound which i knew it was as the 7800DXL was the only thing locking up.

Another issue i had was that my HP printer also would randomly loose connectivity with the 7800DXL.

Everything is as i remember it with with my 7800N which i don't have anymore.

Unfortuatly I have repurchased a new 7800N, and sending this back to Broadbandbuyer for a refund they can diagnose if the unit itself is faulty/send it back to you guys
but i need a solid network right now.
Philip_L

Post by Philip_L »

Hi

Thanks for coming back with an update.

Unfortunately this new device seems to be having several issues causing lock-ups which doesn't look good on Billion, hopefully they are working hard to sort out the issues but customers shouldn't be BETA testers Billion.

Regards

Phil
prinknash

Post by prinknash »

Philip_L wrote:Hi

Unfortunately this new device seems to be having several issues causing lock-ups which doesn't look good on Billion, hopefully they are working hard to sort out the issues but customers shouldn't be BETA testers Billion.

Regards

Phil
I very nearly bought one from BroadbandBuyer but fortunately thought better of it. It may well be worth getting hold of one later in the year but, as you say, it doesn't look to be fit for purpose at the moment. Which is disappointing.

p
stevebyo

Post by stevebyo »

Hi,

I have had my own issues with the Billion and stability(see my other two threads) and think there is a fundamental issue with the user interface and configuration changes.

On the positive side initial set up was very straight forward and fairly intuitive, if as my son puts it you "stop messing" It appears to hold a very stable connection to the internet. I have two LAN connected PCs and multiple 2.4G and 5G wireless devices, all to date connect positively with good range strength and throughput.

Regarding the issues I have encountered so far, Billion support has been positive and friendly, lets see how things progress ....

I can see your point regarding ' being Beta testers for Billion" it is always a risk being an early adopter of new products, look at any forum for other router manufactures and your see similar frustrated posters, many potential Billion owners will monitor this forum waiting for the right time to take the plunge.

regards

Steve
swatboy79

Post by swatboy79 »

Simple stuff should be picked up before release. Identical mac's on all interfaces???

Anyway, they seem to be on the tail of bugs, and we have to remain positive for the most part, but 3 weeks in and i find new way of locking it up and i'm like :shock:

I always adopt stuff early but lockups with basic stuff is not good.

I will have to remain on a 7800N as the DXL never really gave me much more except "fancier" SNR and 5ghz which i don't use anyway.

I have no doubt this stuff will get fixed but i'm having major pains right now and it is intolerable to me.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi all,

We tested these models for 2 months in our office before launching and had no lockups. Now that we have been able to replicate the issue, it seems to be a Broadcom IOT issue - they have told us a test firmware fix should be ready in about 2 weeks. This new firmware should fix all lockup issues as they all seems to be related.

In the meantime we have been advised a temporary workaround. You can disable your WAN traffic before doing all your wireless configuration, and then re-enable the WAN.
swatboy79

Post by swatboy79 »

What does IOT stand for?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Interoperability Testing
stevebyo

Post by stevebyo »

Translation =

Interoperability testing
I
Definition
Testing to ensure compatibility with existing equipment or with other systems.

Comment
Interoperability testing is a superset of compatibility testing and integration testing. Interoperability testing requires that other systems and/or equipment are available for the testing phase. Should this equipment not be available then simulators (stubs and drivers) of the missing equipment should have been built and tested and then used to represent these other entities in the interoperability tests. It should be noted that these simulators will need to be assessed beforehand independently for their accuracy.

sourced via (acutest.co.uk)

steve