IPv6 with Orange France

billion_fan

Re: IPv6 with Orange France

Post by billion_fan »

Edtech wrote:I just moved, and my fiber connection isn't moved for now (in few weeks...). I hope frederic09 can send you the informations asked.

The first weblink in the first post give you a lot of informations. I don't know if it can be useful to you...
Its in French mate.... any how our engineers would prefer two captures to compare (if we only have one capture, that will have to do for now)
frederic09

Post by frederic09 »

Ok i'll do it tonight, after work. You want the authentification with the current settings (pppoe) or the new one (ipoe) ?

Because with the IPOE settings i don't get any WAN IP, since the option 90 is not used.

I think the ONT is on bridge mode, its role is "just" to decrypt/encrypt the data.

It's because, on the french forum, someone has a laptop (with OpenBSD and dhclient) connected to the ONT.
He used 3 dhcp options : the "vendor id", the "user id" and the "authsend" options and he got the ipv4 and ipv6.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

frederic09 wrote:Ok i'll do it tonight, after work. You want the authentification with the current settings (pppoe) or the new one (ipoe) ?

Because with the IPOE settings i don't get any WAN IP, since the option 90 is not used.

I think the ONT is on bridge mode, its role is "just" to decrypt/encrypt the data.

It's because, on the french forum, someone has a laptop (with OpenBSD and dhclient) connected to the ONT.
He used 3 dhcp options : the "vendor id", the "user id" and the "authsend" options and he got the ipv4 and ipv6.
If you can capture both, I'm away for 2 weeks annual leave, but I'll get admin to forward the logs over to our engineers
frederic09

Post by frederic09 »

I've done the pppoe capture.

I never used Wireshark before so i hope i didn't messed up.
Danansmith

Post by Danansmith »

You guys are awesome.This helpes me a lot. Thanks. :D
frederic09

Post by frederic09 »

Huh? I got a notification but there's no new message.

So how is it doing ?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

frederic09 wrote:Huh? I got a notification but there's no new message.

So how is it doing ?
Still checking with our engineers
Edtech

Post by Edtech »

No info on this option? It's a standard describe here: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3118

I hope yours engineers will add this in a new firmware!
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Edtech wrote:No info on this option? It's a standard describe here: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3118

I hope yours engineers will add this in a new firmware!
No news yet, they need a working capture to compare first before adding the new feature.
Edtech

Post by Edtech »

Sorry, I have the fiber again for a short time.

I send two captures to the support (ticket QCA-127-26142). I don't know if the captures are good, I hope!