7800DXL IPv6 DHCP

aesmith

7800DXL IPv6 DHCP

Post by aesmith »

Hi,

I've enabled IPv6 and the basics are working, an ipv6 only host can connect using autoconfig and can access the Internet all on ipv6.

If I set to Stateless then the hosts gain global and temporary addresses with the correct prefix, and DNS servers are picked up in line with my settings on the router. Default gateway and route are learned, although the router appears under it's link local rather than global address.

Stateful DHCP does not appear to work. If I set it to Stateful then the hosts create their link local addresses but that's it. Default route and gateway are created with the router appearing under it's link local address as well. No DNS servers are learned. See attached screenshot showing DHCP config for stateful (I've also tried a full address rather just the prefix ie both xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx::/64 and xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:y:y:y:1/64)

Any suggestions? Tests were done with Window 7 host and also Cisco router DHCP client.

Thanks, Tony S
IPv6 Billion Config.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aesmith

Re: 7800DXL IPv6 DHCP

Post by aesmith »

OK, for some reason after switching between modes a zillion times, it's now started working. Maybe I should have given the router a reboot.