Bipac 7800DXL, BT Infinity, Draytek Vigor 130 and BTTV help

Tonymain

Bipac 7800DXL, BT Infinity, Draytek Vigor 130 and BTTV help

Post by Tonymain »

Hello

Not making much progress on this so need some help.

Currently I cannot get the IGMP Multicast service to work with the above setup. BT HH5 works, but I don't want to use that router, as the original setup is great. So either BT sport or no BP sport depending on the router used.

So what I think is the issue is down to the Vlan tagging. The Draytek has the 101 tag inplace on its side of things, and when I try to set this up on the PPPoE port it won't connect to the Internet. Set to -1 and it is great. I might be looking at this wrong so if anyone has any suggestions I am all ears.

To clarify further:
Firmware 2.32e
LAN configuration has IGMP snooping enabled and set to Standard Mode
WAN configuration has
802.1P Priority set to -1
802.1Q VLAN ID set to -1
IGMP Multicast Proxy set to enable

Have a Bridging addition on the WAN configuration also added, set as default.

On Advanced - Multicast - IGMP
Fast Leave - enabled
LAN to LAN (Intra LAN) Multicast - unchecked
Membership Join Immediate (IPTV) - enabled

If I have missed something out then let me know.

I can't beleive that this will not work, I don't want to use the HH5 and I don't really wnat to replace the Vigor and 7800DXL either.

Thanks
billion_fan

Re: Bipac 7800DXL, BT Infinity, Draytek Vigor 130 and BTTV help

Post by billion_fan »

Tonymain wrote:Hello

Not making much progress on this so need some help.

Currently I cannot get the IGMP Multicast service to work with the above setup. BT HH5 works, but I don't want to use that router, as the original setup is great. So either BT sport or no BP sport depending on the router used.

So what I think is the issue is down to the Vlan tagging. The Draytek has the 101 tag inplace on its side of things, and when I try to set this up on the PPPoE port it won't connect to the Internet. Set to -1 and it is great. I might be looking at this wrong so if anyone has any suggestions I am all ears.

To clarify further:
Firmware 2.32e
LAN configuration has IGMP snooping enabled and set to Standard Mode
WAN configuration has
802.1P Priority set to -1
802.1Q VLAN ID set to -1
IGMP Multicast Proxy set to enable

Have a Bridging addition on the WAN configuration also added, set as default.

On Advanced - Multicast - IGMP
Fast Leave - enabled
LAN to LAN (Intra LAN) Multicast - unchecked
Membership Join Immediate (IPTV) - enabled

If I have missed something out then let me know.

I can't beleive that this will not work, I don't want to use the HH5 and I don't really wnat to replace the Vigor and 7800DXL either.

Thanks
You don't need to tag the VLAN as the Draytek has it tagged.

On your bridge wan interface did you set it up as a Ethernet >> Bridge , without VLAN tagged??

So you should have two WAN interfaces, both without VLAN tagging (should be set to -1)

Once done try rebooting your BT Vision box
Tonymain

Post by Tonymain »

Ok, that is good to know, but I was getting to the end of the list of possible options which is why I am looking at this. As the Vigor is a bridge rather than a VDSL modem, I think this is the root of the issue.

The Bridge interface is set to -1 on the VLAN settings.

BT box is regularly rebooted.

Also, I have tried to access the BT test page through VLC Media player from my PC, connecting to rtp://234.81.130.4:5802 and this does not pay, so it is not a specific issue with the BT box, it is a network connecion issue.
Tonymain

Post by Tonymain »

Problem Solved!

Got hold of a BT Openreach Fibre modem, swapped it with the Vigor 130, and hello Multicast!

All multicast functionality for the whole network is working, and I can was BT Sport :D

IMO, I still beleive the way the Vigor works, its use of VLAN is the issue, and knocks the Billion config out. The BT modem is a basic device when compared to the Vigor, so does not get in the way.

Vigor off to the land of Ebay now.