High HEC Error Count

SayHovis

High HEC Error Count

Post by SayHovis »

Hi All

New hear I hope this is not to boring for you.

I have changed ISP recently and the performance of the new ISP is inferior to the previous ISP they tell me that everything is fine.
I recently bought a 7800DXL which has the latest firmware installed because the ISP issued router was useless, I notice in the stats that the HEC error count seems high. The up time is 7days 7hrs HEC errors down 150991 HEC errors 4524. this rate of accumulated errors is maintained with a brand new filter, brand new RJ11 cable connected to the LJ2 master socket and no extension wiring.

Any advice for pensioner would be gratefully accepted.

Thank you for your patience and help in advance
billion_fan

Re: High HEC Error Count

Post by billion_fan »

SayHovis wrote:Hi All

New hear I hope this is not to boring for you.

I have changed ISP recently and the performance of the new ISP is inferior to the previous ISP they tell me that everything is fine.
I recently bought a 7800DXL which has the latest firmware installed because the ISP issued router was useless, I notice in the stats that the HEC error count seems high. The up time is 7days 7hrs HEC errors down 150991 HEC errors 4524. this rate of accumulated errors is maintained with a brand new filter, brand new RJ11 cable connected to the LJ2 master socket and no extension wiring.

Any advice for pensioner would be gratefully accepted.

Thank you for your patience and help in advance
If you are not suffering from packet loss, or drop outs, I wouldn't worry too much.

If you are suffering from the above, you can try raising the SNR which should lower the HEC errors
SayHovis

Re: High HEC Error Count

Post by SayHovis »

Hi billion_fan

May I thank you for your very prompt response and your reassuring advice.

Once again most grateful.