cant connect after firmware update

Moss99

cant connect after firmware update

Post by Moss99 »

Hi all , i have a 7800DXL , connected to bt infinity FTTP , i just did a firmware update which went ok , i thought , now when i try to open any web page i get message "
"You have been connected to this page due to one of the following reasons. You must now shut down your internet browser and internet applications before attempting to reconnect. This may clear the issue immediately, if not then please select the appropriate action from list below.
Your service provider is currently unable to accept your connection request, please wait and reattempt later or contact your service provider for more information.
Or
You have attempted to access an invalid Service Provider domain, check your user details.
Or
You are testing your connection using bt_test_user@startup_domain. Please proceed to next step as advised by your Service Provider
Or
You are testing your connection to your service provider using bt_test_user@domain. where "domain" is your Service Provider domain name. Please proceed to next step as advised by your Service Provider.
Or
The access circuit to your Service Provider is currently down. Your service should be resumed soon. Please try again later or contact your Service Provider

Page maintained by BTWholesale"

probably a setting i need to change but not sure , any one know what i need to do ?
billion_fan

Re: cant connect after firmware update

Post by billion_fan »

Moss99 wrote:Hi all , i have a 7800DXL , connected to bt infinity FTTP , i just did a firmware update which went ok , i thought , now when i try to open any web page i get message "
"You have been connected to this page due to one of the following reasons. You must now shut down your internet browser and internet applications before attempting to reconnect. This may clear the issue immediately, if not then please select the appropriate action from list below.
Your service provider is currently unable to accept your connection request, please wait and reattempt later or contact your service provider for more information.
Or
You have attempted to access an invalid Service Provider domain, check your user details.
Or
You are testing your connection using bt_test_user@startup_domain. Please proceed to next step as advised by your Service Provider
Or
You are testing your connection to your service provider using bt_test_user@domain. where "domain" is your Service Provider domain name. Please proceed to next step as advised by your Service Provider.
Or
The access circuit to your Service Provider is currently down. Your service should be resumed soon. Please try again later or contact your Service Provider

Page maintained by BTWholesale"

probably a setting i need to change but not sure , any one know what i need to do ?
You will need to setup your WAN (internet settings) again

As you are on a FTTP connection, I assume you will be using the EWAN port, so you setup should either be 'Ethernet >> >PPPOE' or 'Ethernet >> IPOE'
Moss99

Post by Moss99 »

Thanks for the reply , i set it up as an ethernet connection , im sure it was connected correctly as it was working fine before i did the firmware update and i didnt disconnect any cables .
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Moss99 wrote:Thanks for the reply , i set it up as an ethernet connection , im sure it was connected correctly as it was working fine before i did the firmware update and i didnt disconnect any cables .
The only time I have seen this page is if the authentication details are incorrect, BT will then assign you a IP address eg 172.xxx.xxx.xxx which is automatically redirect you to the BT wholesale page, telling you something is wrong.

Please double check your WAN settings, to make sure you have entered the correct broadband username and password.