Wireless repeater ?

Rich_n_stace

Wireless repeater ?

Post by Rich_n_stace »

Hi guys can I configure the 7800 DXL to be a wireless repeater? My sisters Internet will be off for a couple of weeks and I'd like to improve a neighbouring AP's signal so she gets access in the house

Any ideas guys ?
billion_fan

Re: Wireless repeater ?

Post by billion_fan »

Rich_n_stace wrote:Hi guys can I configure the 7800 DXL to be a wireless repeater? My sisters Internet will be off for a couple of weeks and I'd like to improve a neighbouring AP's signal so she gets access in the house

Any ideas guys ?
No option unfortunately other then WDS, but your neighbours router will need to support this, and the chipsets need to match (Broadcom wireless chipset on both devices)
Rich_n_stace

Post by Rich_n_stace »

Oh dear :( is there an openwrt firmware that will work with the 7800? I've just flashed an old plusnet 2704N with it and one of its features is a repeater. I've got it working 95% with bt wifi network but it's not able to access the landing page to login, comes up with a DNS error for that page
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Rich_n_stace wrote:Oh dear :( is there an openwrt firmware that will work with the 7800? I've just flashed an old plusnet 2704N with it and one of its features is a repeater. I've got it working 95% with bt wifi network but it's not able to access the landing page to login, comes up with a DNS error for that page
Billion devices don't support third part firmware, (the device is locked to official Billion firmware only)