WAN down - reboot

Discussions for BiPAC 8800 series: 8800NL, 8800NLR2, 8800AXL, 8800AXLR2
maxed68

WAN down - reboot

Post by maxed68 »

I was wondering if there is a feature on the router 8800NL R2 v 2.52.d18 to initiate a reboot in the event that the WAN port drops.
My ISP has a habit of doing maintenance overnight and I wake up to find that there is no Internet access. This is quickly solved by resetting the router, however it would be nice if there was an automatic method.
I have seen the failover feature but this seems to require 2xWAN links and checks the health of the primary link in order to initiate the second.
I know I can schedule an auto reboot every night, but this will be detected by the ISP and constant line failure and lower the link speed.
I only have a single DSL connection.
Any experts out there that have an idea of what can be done ?
billion_fan

Re: WAN down - reboot

Post by billion_fan »

maxed68 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:55 pm I was wondering if there is a feature on the router 8800NL R2 v 2.52.d18 to initiate a reboot in the event that the WAN port drops.
My ISP has a habit of doing maintenance overnight and I wake up to find that there is no Internet access. This is quickly solved by resetting the router, however it would be nice if there was an automatic method.
I have seen the failover feature but this seems to require 2xWAN links and checks the health of the primary link in order to initiate the second.
I know I can schedule an auto reboot every night, but this will be detected by the ISP and constant line failure and lower the link speed.
I only have a single DSL connection.
Any experts out there that have an idea of what can be done ?
Unfortunately there is no function for this within the web gui