Discussions for BiPAC 8800 series: 8800NL, 8800NLR2, 8800AXL, 8800AXLR2
darren1515

Re: 8800AXL R2 BT TV setup

Post by darren1515 »

Great, thanks for the quick reply :)
darren1515

Post by darren1515 »

Having some issues, when the TV is working and my ipad is connected via wifi my macbook has connectivity issues. I have followed the instructions to the word.

Any advice? Thanks
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

darren1515 wrote:Having some issues, when the TV is working and my ipad is connected via wifi my macbook has connectivity issues. I have followed the instructions to the word.

Any advice? Thanks
Try enabling 'Wireless Multicast Forwarding (WMF)' its strange as the port should isolated from the wifi network

Another thing to try is to setup another group for the that port, and change the 'IGMP Snooping Mode' to Standard mode for the new group
darren1515

Post by darren1515 »

Thanks tried the above and it seems to have fixed the wifi issue. It all works fine with just the 1 bt box connected, but for the life of me can't get the other one to work. Always comes up with the message that the device is not connected to the internet (error YVM102).

Close to giving up, even tried switching ethernet ports (both selected for interface grouping) to no avail. Its a shame as I really want to avoid using the HH5. Is there any other settings? I even tried manually setting the ip address to settings similar to the working box (ip 192.168.2.112 working, 192.168.2.120 non working) and it still doesn't work.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

darren1515 wrote:Thanks tried the above and it seems to have fixed the wifi issue. It all works fine with just the 1 bt box connected, but for the life of me can't get the other one to work. Always comes up with the message that the device is not connected to the internet (error YVM102).

Close to giving up, even tried switching ethernet ports (both selected for interface grouping) to no avail. Its a shame as I really want to avoid using the HH5. Is there any other settings? I even tried manually setting the ip address to settings similar to the working box (ip 192.168.2.112 working, 192.168.2.120 non working) and it still doesn't work.
Try setting up a different interface group for the second box, the only thing I can think of (so three groups in total, main group, BT box 1 and BT box 2) IGMP snooping = standard mode should only be set to BT box 1 group and BT box 2 group, the main group should be set to blocking mode
darren1515

Post by darren1515 »

Okay thanks will try and give that a go in a bit. I noticed that when creating these groups via Configuration >> Lan > Interface Grouping >> Add that once I have created the first group which includes the below Grouped WAN interfaces:

br_0_1_0 etc
pppoe_0_1_0 etc

For any subsequent groups I create the above no longer appear in Available Wan interfaces. Is this meant to be? Could this be an issue?

Thanks
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

darren1515 wrote:Okay thanks will try and give that a go in a bit. I noticed that when creating these groups via Configuration >> Lan > Interface Grouping >> Add that once I have created the first group which includes the below Grouped WAN interfaces:

br_0_1_0 etc
pppoe_0_1_0 etc

For any subsequent groups I create the above no longer appear in Available Wan interfaces. Is this meant to be? Could this be an issue?

Thanks
It shouldn't be a issue, you can always try plugging PC to the same port/Ethernet cable that is connected to the BT box 2, and see if you have a internet connection
evansnp

Post by evansnp »

I knew i'd find a problem with my IPTV VLAN setup! Most of my wireless devices are connected to the IPTV VLAN (that's where the wifi access point is, on a powerline adaptor), but my printer is on the default VLAN. My laptops are fine, as they connect to the printer via Unicast, but the iPads, phones etc all use Bonjour, which uses broadcast packets for discovery. Obviously, broadcast packets do not traverse a network boundry, so I'm a bit stuck with printing from our Apple devices, so the WAF rating (Wife Acceptance Factor) is low. Any thoughts on a workaround?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

evansnp wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:34 am I knew i'd find a problem with my IPTV VLAN setup! Most of my wireless devices are connected to the IPTV VLAN (that's where the wifi access point is, on a powerline adaptor), but my printer is on the default VLAN. My laptops are fine, as they connect to the printer via Unicast, but the iPads, phones etc all use Bonjour, which uses broadcast packets for discovery. Obviously, broadcast packets do not traverse a network boundry, so I'm a bit stuck with printing from our Apple devices, so the WAF rating (Wife Acceptance Factor) is low. Any thoughts on a workaround?
Only option is to connect the access point to the default VLAN/directly to the billion
Grimers

Post by Grimers »

Hi,

I've followed the setup guide correctly, but am still experiencing many problems related to both normal smart TV and BT TV viewing. On BT TV, we experience black previews for the channels and recordings, and struggle to access many on-demand services. On the normal smart TV side, I can't create a wired/wireless connection.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Will
William Grimsley.