8800NL R2 slower than BT Smart Hub

Discussions for BiPAC 8800 series: 8800NL, 8800NLR2, 8800AXL, 8800AXLR2
mrdelook

8800NL R2 slower than BT Smart Hub

Post by mrdelook »

Hi everyone,

I have 8800NL R2 it was my main router configured as bridge for BT infinity. I start questioning speed with BT as it was well below the guaranteed speed. They told my to connect hub. I done it and I was so suprised when I doiscovered that the speed on hub is 10 meg faster. It is syncing wrong profile, I think. When on billion bt wholesale speed test is showing lower profile (25 meg). But when hub is connected it is going back to 34 meg.

How could I get the same speed on Billion?

Thanks,
Mat
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
billion_fan

Re: 8800NL R2 slower than BT Smart Hub

Post by billion_fan »

mrdelook wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:34 am Hi everyone,

I have 8800NL R2 it was my main router configured as bridge for BT infinity. I start questioning speed with BT as it was well below the guaranteed speed. They told my to connect hub. I done it and I was so suprised when I doiscovered that the speed on hub is 10 meg faster. It is syncing wrong profile, I think. When on billion bt wholesale speed test is showing lower profile (25 meg). But when hub is connected it is going back to 34 meg.

How could I get the same speed on Billion?

Thanks,
Mat
I am not sure what we can suggest as I think the issue is down the chipset inside the device.

I have attached a older firmware which has a different DMT code. (if it doesn't make a difference then its down to the chipset)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.