Port forwarding for factorio multiplayer

Discussions for BiPAC 8800 series: 8800NL, 8800NLR2, 8800AXL, 8800AXLR2
philpips

Port forwarding for factorio multiplayer

Post by philpips »

I am trying to forward port 34197 to my desktop so I can host a factorio server. I have followed the port forwarding instructions in the manual and added virtual servers, but when I try to test the port on ping.eu it tells me the port is closed.

The below snip is the virtual server setup I have just added.
virtual_server.PNG
I'm sure I've missed something silly but I'm not sure what else to try at this moment - does anyone have any advice?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
billion_fan

Re: Port forwarding for factorio multiplayer

Post by billion_fan »

philpips wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:59 am I am trying to forward port 34197 to my desktop so I can host a factorio server. I have followed the port forwarding instructions in the manual and added virtual servers, but when I try to test the port on ping.eu it tells me the port is closed.

The below snip is the virtual server setup I have just added.

virtual_server.PNG

I'm sure I've missed something silly but I'm not sure what else to try at this moment - does anyone have any advice?
So you have added three rules for a ADSL, VDSL and EWAN connection, so that should be fine (you have covered all WAN connections), check your server setting to make sure the correct default gateway is entered (the default gateway should be the routers IP address)

Also make sure the server is running on port 34197.

There shouldn't be any port forwarding issues with our 8800 series
kmr1962

Re: Port forwarding for factorio multiplayer

Post by kmr1962 »

I believe that factorion uses UDP only on port 34179 , Not TCP so there is nothing to respond to a TCP port scan.
and ping.eu only checks for a TCP port not UDP (from the description against the port check function on the web page)

you will need to test this with a UDP port scanner.