8800AXL Wireless not seeing Lan devices

Discussions for BiPAC 8800 series: 8800NL, 8800NLR2, 8800AXL, 8800AXLR2
greystonefoot

8800AXL Wireless not seeing Lan devices

Post by greystonefoot »

Hello all, I have a 8800AXL and this has been an issue from day one for me. If I wireless connect my laptop to the Billion I cannot see my printer or my NAS both of which are wired to the Billion. If I wireless connect to either of my BT Homehubs which I am just using as wireless routers now I can see the printer and NAS. So just to confirm my setup the BIllion is my broadband router and the two homehubs are wired to the billion. There must be a setting on the Billion that stops me see anything on the LAN. If I connect the laptop to the wired LAN I can see everything okay. Any pointers please?
billion_fan

Re: 8800AXL Wireless not seeing Lan devices

Post by billion_fan »

greystonefoot wrote:Hello all, I have a 8800AXL and this has been an issue from day one for me. If I wireless connect my laptop to the Billion I cannot see my printer or my NAS both of which are wired to the Billion. If I wireless connect to either of my BT Homehubs which I am just using as wireless routers now I can see the printer and NAS. So just to confirm my setup the BIllion is my broadband router and the two homehubs are wired to the billion. There must be a setting on the Billion that stops me see anything on the LAN. If I connect the laptop to the wired LAN I can see everything okay. Any pointers please?
What firmware version are you running?
greystonefoot

Post by greystonefoot »

I am still on 2.32d.dt1. I have seen all the horror stories about new firmware so I don't want to break a router which is otherwise working okay other than Wireless does not speak to LAN.
greystonefoot

Post by greystonefoot »

Also I have read the readme file for the new firmware and don't see my issue mentioned.
evansnp

Post by evansnp »

It's not something obvious like 'clients isolation' is enabled in the wifi settings?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

evansnp wrote:It's not something obvious like 'clients isolation' is enabled in the wifi settings?
I would advise you to upgrade the firmware 2.32e, no reported similar issues with the newer firmware.

Your firmware version is attached, so you can downgrade if needed :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
greystonefoot

Post by greystonefoot »

Client isolation is not enabled.

Thank you for the old firmware I will try the new firmware once everyone goes to bed tonight :)
greystonefoot

Post by greystonefoot »

Thank you new firmware has fixed my issue where the wireless couldn't see the wired LAN.
7800nUser

Post by 7800nUser »

I have the same issue with a Dell Inspiron 1545 upgraded with an Intel 5100AGN card running Windows. If I connect the Laptop to a Netgear DG834 set as an access point, there's no problem seeing the PC's on the network. As soon as I connect the Laptop to the 8800AXL, the network becomes invisible and it only sees itself and doesn't even show the 8800AXL as an icon in Windows Explorer but it browses the web ok.

I also have a Dell M6700 Workstation Laptop which has no issues seeing the network over the WiFi connection, so can't work out why the Inspiron doesn't see the network with the 8800AXL but works flawlessly when connected to the DG834.
wawyed

Post by wawyed »

I'm currently experiencing this issue with 2.32e. Is there any workarounds/fix for it?