8800AXL Wireless not seeing Lan devices

Discussions for BiPAC 8800 series: 8800NL, 8800NLR2, 8800AXL, 8800AXLR2
acedout

Re: 8800AXL Wireless not seeing Lan devices

Post by acedout »

Is there an official release being made soon? It's been a LONG time since an official release. I've only just stumbled upon this thread as I've been plagued with this problem for some time now. Is there no love for the 8800AXL?
7800nUser

Post by 7800nUser »

I'm not sure there'll be any more firmware updates, although billion_fan did mention there was a newer firmware with updated DSL & PHY code. Whether this will be released I don't know.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

7800nUser wrote:I'm not sure there'll be any more firmware updates, although billion_fan did mention there was a newer firmware with updated DSL & PHY code. Whether this will be released I don't know.
The newer firmware was for the 8800NL, 2.32e.dh4 is latest for the 8800AXL
acedout

Post by acedout »

Any news on this please? Would be good to get a final production firmware release for this router. This fix was absolutely essential, as the Wifi LAN issue was a major issue. This really should have made it as a production release by now - I only found it by chance on this forum!
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

acedout wrote:Any news on this please? Would be good to get a final production firmware release for this router. This fix was absolutely essential, as the Wifi LAN issue was a major issue. This really should have made it as a production release by now - I only found it by chance on this forum!
The same firmware will be released on our website.
roadsnail

Post by roadsnail »

evansnp wrote:Hi tman24; yes, it does work. I would take Billion fan's advice, and do a factory reset. I didn't, and had to re-apply some settings to make it work. Having done that, it's now been fine for several days.
Quick question. If I backup my current configuration, can I then upgrade/reset to this new version and then reapply the backup config? Or is the backup version specific resulting in me having to re-apply loads of settings?

Thanks.
evansnp

Post by evansnp »

Hi roadsnail. I would take Billion_fans's advice, and perform a factory reset. What I did was to use the settings backup to re-configure my settings by hand. As it's xml, it's human readable, and contains all the the settings for the relevant pages. It's a bit tedious, but the correct way to do it. The other thing that I did was to to screen grabs of 'complicated' pages, just as a reference.
roadsnail

Post by roadsnail »

evansnp wrote:Hi roadsnail. I would take Billion_fans's advice, and perform a factory reset. What I did was to use the settings backup to re-configure my settings by hand. As it's xml, it's human readable, and contains all the the settings for the relevant pages. It's a bit tedious, but the correct way to do it. The other thing that I did was to to screen grabs of 'complicated' pages, just as a reference.
Thanks for the advice. I have taken screenshots in preparation but hadn't looked at the settings backup as I assumed it would not be readable. It's surprising how many settings change over time, but I think I'll bite the bullet and take the recommended reset and upgrade route. Hopefully this will cure my devices going AWOL on my ethernet ports problem as this has been annoying me for some time now. Once again thanks for taking the time to answer my question.
acedout

Post by acedout »

I used the fresh install method and entered back the values by hand via screen shots.

No issues so far and fixed my long-running issues with not being able to see LAN devices from WiFi. I'm annoyed this was fixed a while ago and not made publicly available. I'd been checking the download section every month for a year! Anyway, it's all good now.