Discussions for BiPAC 8800 series: 8800NL, 8800NLR2, 8800AXL, 8800AXLR2
SimonH1

Re: 8800AXL Wireless not seeing Lan devices

Post by SimonH1 »

I also have this issue.
tman24

Post by tman24 »

Any further news on this? It's a huge problem for me now. New wifi streaming devices on my LAN need to see wired servers, and they just complain they can't. Internet is fine, but it's almost like client isolation mode is forced on.

Surely it's been acknowledged as a high priority issue!
greystonefoot

Post by greystonefoot »

I am the original poster and although I thought I had fixed the issue I too still have the issue. It has got to the stage where the Billion will have to be removed and the original BT HomeHub put back as my router. Something on the Billion is blocking wireless connected devices from seeing LAN connected devices. The final straw for me has been I bought some Sonos speakers and if I want to connect to them I have to connect to one of my old BT hubs on a weaker wireless signal. Something is just not correct with the 8800AXL
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

greystonefoot wrote:I am the original poster and although I thought I had fixed the issue I too still have the issue. It has got to the stage where the Billion will have to be removed and the original BT HomeHub put back as my router. Something on the Billion is blocking wireless connected devices from seeing LAN connected devices. The final straw for me has been I bought some Sonos speakers and if I want to connect to them I have to connect to one of my old BT hubs on a weaker wireless signal. Something is just not correct with the 8800AXL
Hopefully we should have a firmware fix ready for the end of this week/start of the next week :D

(I'll post it here once I have it)
adrianchapman

Post by adrianchapman »

I have had to resort to using my 7800DXL to handle WiFi, just using the 8800AXL for ethernet and VDSL2 modem. I may leave it like that even after the fix as the wireless coverage of the 8800AXL is so poor. It wasn't one of my better purchases, that's for sure, and I may well ditch all the Billion stuff anyway.
7800nUser

Post by 7800nUser »

OK, so I was using my Dell M6700 Laptop and after about 5 minutes of browsing the LAN, the 8800AXL decided it didn't like the M6700 anymore and blocked access to the LAN. Luckily I have setup the 7800DXL (2.32e firmware) as a DHCP Relay Server and once the M6700 connects to it, it can browse the LAN fine.

Seems strange that the 8800AXL used to work fine with M6700 and yesterday it stopped working.
tman24

Post by tman24 »

adrianchapman wrote:I have had to resort to using my 7800DXL to handle WiFi, just using the 8800AXL for ethernet and VDSL2 modem. I may leave it like that even after the fix as the wireless coverage of the 8800AXL is so poor. It wasn't one of my better purchases, that's for sure, and I may well ditch all the Billion stuff anyway.
I'll agree that using internal antenna's on the 8800axl was not a good idea. Aesthetically, it doesn't make a blind bit of difference if it has external antenna's or not. For a premium device (at a premium price), it should have had 3 external antenna's. That would have made a lot of difference. Now I'm going to end up with wireless repeaters all over the house.

Roll on the fix for this problem anyway.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Attached is the firmware that will fix this issue.

With this firmware its advised to reset back to factory default settings to ensure all changes within this firmware are implemented correctly.

It also advised to manually reconfigure the device again from scratch.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GaZaai

Post by GaZaai »

No firmware update for 8800nl?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

GaZaai wrote:No firmware update for 8800nl?
NL attached (even though the AXL was the only one effected)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.