How do you track total Bandwidth usage?

Discussions for BiPAC 8800 series: 8800NL, 8800NLR2, 8800AXL, 8800AXLR2
michaelm

How do you track total Bandwidth usage?

Post by michaelm »

Hi

I have the 8800AXL connected to the Virgin Superhub and all is working well - thanks for the instructions billion fan!

Virgin Media does not provide a usage tool and i am often curious to see my usage stats for upload and download. Anyway to do that via the router? I know there is WAN and LAN bandwidth usage but that seems to be real time rather than in the last XY days or a certain period.

Might be a good idea to implement it if there is not an option!

Thanks!

Michael
billion_fan

Re: How do you track total Bandwidth usage?

Post by billion_fan »

michaelm wrote:Hi

I have the 8800AXL connected to the Virgin Superhub and all is working well - thanks for the instructions billion fan!

Virgin Media does not provide a usage tool and i am often curious to see my usage stats for upload and download. Anyway to do that via the router? I know there is WAN and LAN bandwidth usage but that seems to be real time rather than in the last XY days or a certain period.

Might be a good idea to implement it if there is not an option!

Thanks!

Michael
No option, other than using third party software running PC that is measuring your bandwidth.
michaelm

Post by michaelm »

Tricky as i wanted to track all usage and the router is the best bet.

I take the third party tool will only be able to track the PC it is used on? Or can we set it up to track the gateway, i.e. the router?

Michael
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

michaelm wrote:Tricky as i wanted to track all usage and the router is the best bet.

I take the third party tool will only be able to track the PC it is used on? Or can we set it up to track the gateway, i.e. the router?

Michael
Have alook at the following link

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3761
michaelm

Post by michaelm »

Thanks

I installed the DSl Stats one and that will probably do the trick

I can connect OK but it says No Data return in latest sample. If you have used that program before any idea what CLI Command prefix is used for the 8800AXL?

I could not find the AXL in the dropdown so just selected 8800NL but i don't think it makes such a difference

Thanks again!
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

michaelm wrote:Thanks

I installed the DSl Stats one and that will probably do the trick

I can connect OK but it says No Data return in latest sample. If you have used that program before any idea what CLI Command prefix is used for the 8800AXL?

I could not find the AXL in the dropdown so just selected 8800NL but i don't think it makes such a difference

Thanks again!
Yep use the 8800NL setup, as they share the same interface