VPN- Mac to Mac - unable to establish connection

Discussions for BiPAC 8900 series: 8900AX-1600, 8900AX-2400, 8900X
jasonb

VPN- Mac to Mac - unable to establish connection

Post by jasonb »

Hi, I'm trying to enable my Mac laptop to connect to my office Mac, from anywhere, but am getting stuck on some of the settings. I have read the router manual and am following the settings IPSec VPN-Host to Lan which I believe will achieve what I want to do (?). However, if I choose Anonymous, to allow me to connect from any IP it requires me to enter a Remote ID and ID Content, which despite looking I don't understand what it's asking me for?

This may not be my only query but it's stopping me from going any further - any ideas please...

In the VPN Account settings under connection type I've chosen Remote Access.

All re 8900X R3

Thanks
Jason
billion_fan

Re: VPN- Mac to Mac - unable to establish connection

Post by billion_fan »

jasonb wrote:Hi, I'm trying to enable my Mac laptop to connect to my office Mac, from anywhere, but am getting stuck on some of the settings. I have read the router manual and am following the settings IPSec VPN-Host to Lan which I believe will achieve what I want to do (?). However, if I choose Anonymous, to allow me to connect from any IP it requires me to enter a Remote ID and ID Content, which despite looking I don't understand what it's asking me for?

This may not be my only query but it's stopping me from going any further - any ideas please...

In the VPN Account settings under connection type I've chosen Remote Access.

All re 8900X R3

Thanks
Jason
It all depends on the VPN server IPsec options, please submit a ticket on the following link http://www.billion.uk.com/esupport/inde ... ets/Submit