Internet connected but led not showing

Discussions for BiPAC 8900 series: 8900AX-1600, 8900AX-2400, 8900X
PDilly

Internet connected but led not showing

Post by PDilly »

I updated to the latest firmware ending 27 for my 8900ax 2400.about a week ago

I had to move the router today to move a cabinet, so I switched it off and unplugged both power and phone lead.
When I plugged it back in, the internet light didn’t come on at all and i thought it wasn’t connecting. When I checked on my Mac, it was.

DSL light operated as expected.

The light has always worked properly up to now. Tried rebooting but still no light on

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks
Pete
PDilly

Re: Internet connected but led not showing

Post by PDilly »

Forget it!

After 20 minutes, it came back on.

Don’t know what was going on. Glitch perhaps?

Pete
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

PDilly wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:04 pm Forget it!

After 20 minutes, it came back on.

Don’t know what was going on. Glitch perhaps?

Pete
Who is your ISP??

ADSL or VDSL connection??
PDilly

Post by PDilly »

Connection is VDSL and ISP is TalkTalk

The LED is operating normally

Pete
Radiocrazy

Post by Radiocrazy »

PDilly wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:56 pm I updated to the latest firmware ending 27 for my 8900ax 2400.about a week ago

I had to move the router today to move a cabinet, so I switched it off and unplugged both power and phone lead.
When I plugged it back in, the internet light didn’t come on at all and i thought it wasn’t connecting. When I checked on my Mac, it was.

The light has always worked properly up to now. Tried rebooting but still no light on

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks
Pete
Yes its been a problem for quite a few firmware versions now, it does like billion_fan said comes back on, the time various.
Very early firmware versions never suffered from this (I flashed back and tried them) but had more serious problems so I’m afraid we have to put up with it, like the 5ghz blinking LED instead of indicating data.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Radiocrazy wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:46 pm
PDilly wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:56 pm I updated to the latest firmware ending 27 for my 8900ax 2400.about a week ago

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks
Pete
Yes its been a problem for quite a few firmware versions now, it does like billion_fan said comes back on, the time various.
Very early firmware versions never suffered from this (I flashed back and tried them) but had more serious problems so I’m afraid we have to put up with it, like the 5ghz blinking LED instead of indicating data.
I'll have to check with our engineers, the issue seems isolated to a PTM >> IPOE connection (talktalk customers)
PDilly

Post by PDilly »

Thanks for the info

I’ll keep an eye out for a firmware update

Pete
Radiocrazy

Post by Radiocrazy »

Just to add a bit more information about the internet LED, during the last few days in May I have had a few thunderstorms, I got five line drops every time there was a lighting strike, and every time to get the internet LED to come back on I simply logged into the web interface nothing else simply that really strange.
Radiocrazy

Post by Radiocrazy »

I hope God appreciates playing with his lighting bolts is causing my line management to reduce my speed further, thanks a bunch!
Radiocrazy

Post by Radiocrazy »

Anyone else on TalkTalk fiber because my Internet light goes out and the easiest way to get it back on is just simply login to the Billion interface that simple, you can restart if you wish but then it takes 10 minutes to come on that way.